Making sure your child eats healthy food and stays active is easy. Plus, it’s good for them!
Kids learn by example. Help your children develop healthy eating habits for life by being a role model:
- Eat fruits and veggies and your kids will too.
- Shop together. Cook together. Eat together. Talk together. Make mealtime a family time.
- Set a good example for physical activity, too. Make play time a family time. Walk, run, and play with your child rather than sitting on the sidelines.
Make it fun!
Learning about healthy eating and physical activity can be fun! Here are some activities to help you and your child learn more about healthy eating and physical activity.
Watch: (View videos using QuickTime)
Before you start cooking, think about what goes on your plate or cup or bowl. Learn more about the different food groups and how to build a healthy plate: Food Groups
Eating healthy doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Here are ways to buy healthy food and stay in your budget:
- Plan, purchase and prepare.
- 10 Tips: Smart shopping for veggies and fruits
- Healthy Eating on a budget
More Meal Planning resources: