School-based Asthma ReportingConnecticut General Statute (CGS§ 10-206) requires that schools triennially report to the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) all students who have asthma in every school in a school district. School nurses will be required to report to DPH on all students with a provider diagnosis of asthma indicated on the Health Assessment Record (HAR). In order to collect this data, the DPH Asthma Program has established the School-based Asthma Surveillance System (SBASS) and an on-line system for electronic reporting. DPH will use this information to help determine asthma trends and distributions among school-aged children in Connecticut. Currently, the on-line system is collecting school asthma reports for the school academic year
2020 – 2021
School asthma reporting deadline submission: June 30, 2021.
***Data submission for 2020 – 2021 is closed.***
***Next data submission is for school year 2022 – 2023.***
- SBASS notification announcement - Notification to School Superintendents, School District Nurse Supervisors and School Health Service Directors
- DPH Submissions System at https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov – click on the School Submissions module to start a school asthma reporting session.
- Electronic Reporting Procedures - SBASS manual
- Live Webcast Trainings - Live Webcast training is available for school district nurse supervisors, school nurses or designees. In case you missed a training session and wish to have a live webcast, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a live webcast training.
- On-demand Training Modules - The following are short video clips that describe steps to accomplish reporting tasks. The video clips are presented as:
|Add an asthma record||X||X|
|Approve school reporting||X||X|
|Create additional Supervisor accounts||X|
|Create school nurse account||X|
|Modify school information||X|
|Register as Supervisor||X|
|Update school reporting status||X||X|
To reset your password, please do the following:
- Make sure to close ALL your web browsers. Process may not work at all if this step is not completed.
- Start a new webpage by clicking https://dphsubmissions.ct.gov.
- Click on the ‘Forgot your Password?’ button, located in the lower right section in your screen.
- Enter your username on the assigned field and click submit.
- You should receive an email from the system to reset password, follow all prompts.
- Password needs to meet the following criteria or it will not be accepted by the system:
- Password must be at least 8 characters.
- Password must include both upper-case and lower-case letters.
- Password must include one or more numbers (0-9).
- Password must include at least one special character (@, #, $, etc).
- Once completed, try to login into the system again.
To make sure password meets setup requirements and avoid typos in the confirmation field, you can first write it on a word document and check it against the list requirement. Copy and paste the password on the required fields on the on-line form.
DPH is no longer accepting SBASS paper report forms.
Updated May 21, 2021