COVID-19 Guidance for Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Facilities
As vaccine effectiveness and COVID-19 epidemiology evolves, CDC will periodically update the public health guidance and recommendations that CT DPH follows. CT DPH will release additional guidance when further clarifications or specifications are needed for Connecticut healthcare providers and healthcare facilities.
Please refer to these CDC websites for the latest healthcare infection prevention and control recommendations:
Infection Control: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) | CDC
DPH COVID-19 Healthcare Guidance
- April 29, 2021 Updated Guidance on Provider Reporting of COVID-19 Cases (including Vaccine Breakthrough) and Specimen Submission for Variant Testing
- April 14, 2021 FAQ for Whole Genome Sequencing for SARS-CoV-2 Virus
- February 24, 2021 Call for Cases: COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Cases
- October 14, 2020 Addendum: Interim Guidance for Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Recipients in Connecticut
- September 29, 2020 Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Testing and Reporting in Connecticut(rev. 10/20/2020)
- September 25, 2020 Guidelines for Reporting COVID-19 Test Results and Cases
Long-term Care Guidance
- September 23, 2021 (updated) Using the CT DPH Nursing Home COVID-19 portal
- March 26, 2021 Nursing Home Visitation Algorithm
- June 22, 2020 Frequently Asked Questions – NHSN LTCF COVID-19 Module
Click here to review previously published healthcare guidance.