COVID-19 Guidance for Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Facilities
As vaccine effectiveness and COVID-19 epidemiology evolves, CDC will periodically update the public health guidance and recommendations that CT DPH follows. CT DPH will release additional guidance when further clarifications or specifications are needed for Connecticut healthcare providers and healthcare facilities.
Please refer to these CDC websites for the latest healthcare infection prevention and control recommendations:
Infection Control: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) | CDC
DPH COVID-19 Healthcare Guidance
- April 29, 2021 Updated Guidance on Provider Reporting of COVID-19 Cases (including Vaccine Breakthrough) and Specimen Submission for Variant Testing
- April 14, 2021 FAQ for Whole Genome Sequencing for SARS-CoV-2 Virus
- February 24, 2021 Call for Cases: COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Cases
- October 14, 2020 Addendum: Interim Guidance for Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Recipients in Connecticut
- September 29, 2020 Guidance for SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Testing and Reporting in Connecticut(rev. 10/20/2020)
- September 25, 2020 Guidelines for Reporting COVID-19 Test Results and Cases
Long-term Care Guidance
- March 26, 2021 Nursing Home Visitation Algorithm
- February 15, 2021 Updated Step by Step Directions for Using the CT Long-Term Care Facility COVID-19 Portal
- February 15, 2021 Updated Instructions for Completing the CT Long Term Care Facility COVID-19 Portal Individual Data Elements
- November 13, 2020 Hospital Discharges to Post-Acute Care During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- August 12, 2020 Updated COVID-19 Guidance for Nursing Homes
- July 7, 2020 Nursing Home Testing Algorithm
- June 22, 2020 Frequently Asked Questions – NHSN LTCF COVID-19 Module
- May 11, 2020 Example COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol for Long-term Care
Click here to review previously published healthcare guidance.
This page last updated 4/29/2021.