The Office of Local Health Administration serves as the primary interface between the department and Connecticut’s local health departments (LHDs). Responsibilities include:
· Advising the Commissioner on the approval of appointments of local directors of health and acting directors of health.
· Administering per capita grants-in-aid for LHDs.
· Planning and coordinating the Commissioner’s semi-annual meeting for directors of health.
· Providing technical assistance and consultation to DPH programs, local health directors, local officials and residents on local public health issues.
· Maintaining and developing Connecticut’s Health Alert Network (HAN) and assisting local health departments with the development of local HANs.
· Working with local health departments to integrate and promote the National Public Health Performance Standards.