State of Connecticut
Long-Range Transportation Plan
2018 Connecticut Statewide Long-Range Transportation Plan
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) submitted its 2018 Long-Range Transportation Plan (Plan) to FHWA and FTA in March of 2018. The Plan was prepared in pursuant to U.S. Code Title 49, Section 5304, and U.S. Code Title 23, Section 135. The Plan is available by clicking the link below
What is the Long Range Transportation Plan?
The Plan is a federally mandated policy document that outlines strategies and actions for addressing transportation issues and needs in Connecticut. It will serve as a framework for preparing future, project-specific transportation plans such as CTDOT’s State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). The Plan is generally updated every three to five years. This Plan covers the period from 2018 through 2050.
Why Update the Long Range Transportation Plan?
Over time, changes occur in transportation needs, travel behavior, methods used to manage traffic, and the ability to pay for transportation system maintenance and improvements. The Plan is an important step toward reassessing Connecticut’s policies for addressing our State’s current and future mobility needs. It provides the framework for prioritizing Connecticut’s transportation projects and programs.
2009 Long-Range Transportation Plan (2009 LRP)
Use the Hyperlinks below to view the Final 2009 LRP, the Draft 2009 LRP, the informational brochures on the Draft 2009 LRP, press releases, PowerPoint presentations and other information pertaining to the statewide 2009 LRP.
- Final 2009 Long-Range Transportation Plan (pdf 6.7 mb)
- Streaming Video Presentation on Overview of Draft 2009 Long-Range Transportation Plan
(Requires Windows Media Player)
- Press Releases (To be posted as issued)
- Public Informational Meeting Materials
- PowerPoint Slide Presentation on 2009 LRP (pdf 7.57 mb)
- List of LRP Reference Documents (pdf 17 kb)
- Summary Lists of Key Points & Recommendations in Reference Documents (pdf 37 kb)
2007 Listening Session Materials
- Opportunities for Public Input (pdf 23.5 kb)
- Reference Materials: Other Pertinent Documents (pdf 37 kb)
- Input, Ideas, & Comments
(pdf 665 kb)
(Interactive Form with E-mail Submit Button)
- Study and Project Lists & Mapping
2004 Long-Range Transportation Plan
LONG-RANGE TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
- Lower Resolution Version of Plan with Graphics (pdf 1.9 mb) - Designed for web viewing
- Text-Only Version (pdf 212 kb) - Designed without any graphics or complex formatting
- Higher Resolution Version of Plan with Graphics (zip 17 mb) - Designed to download for printing on legal size paper, preferably double-sided to accommodate layout