Minor Train Schedule Changes for New Haven Line and Hartford Line Announced
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) today announced that minor schedule adjustments will be made to the New Haven Line (operated by Metro-North) schedule effective Monday, May 17, 2021, and the Hartford Line effective Monday, May 24, 2021.
The New Haven Line adjustments are being made to accommodate necessary track work including undercutting, which will require trains to operate on a single track between the New Rochelle and Rye stations in New York during the Spring/Summer months. Most of the schedule adjustments will be between Grand Central Terminal (GCT) and Stamford station. Please visit www.mta.info/mnr to view the current schedule and to get the latest information on the New Haven Line.
New Haven Line service details are below:
Inbound Stamford local trains toward New York:
· Train 6365 will operate 5 minutes later departing Stamford station at 10:03 p.m.
· Train 6369 will operate 5 minutes later departing Stamford station at 11:03 p.m.
· Train 6399 will operate 8 minutes later departing Stamford station at 12:58 a.m.
Outbound Stamford local trains from GCT toward Connecticut:
· Train 6366 will operate 2 minutes later departing GCT at 9:38 p.m.
· Train 6370 will operate 2 minutes later departing GCT at 10:38 p.m.
· Train 6374 will operate 2 minutes later departing GCT at 11:38 p.m.
· Train 6300 will operate 10 minutes later departing GCT at 12:35 a.m.
Outbound New Haven express trains from GCT:
· Train 6566 will operate 4 minutes later departing GCT at 10:06 p.m.
New Canaan Line inbound trains toward Stamford and GCT:
· 6771 will arrive in Stamford 2 minutes later at 11:47 p.m.
Hartford Line Amtrak trains will have the following changes starting Monday, May 24, 2021:
Northbound to Springfield trains:
· Amtrak Train 148 will depart New Haven at 8:51 p.m.
· Amtrak Train 136 will depart New Haven at 10:59 p.m. Operates Fridays only.
· Amtrak Train 140 will not operate on Saturdays.
Please visit the Hartford Line website to view the current schedule and check Hartford Line alerts to get all the latest information. Information about all rail services in Connecticut is available at www.CTrail.com.
As the state enters the next phases of reopening and in anticipation of increased ridership, CTDOT has increased the cleaning of trains and station facilities to keep frontline employees and passengers safe. Rail passengers must wear a mask while on board the trains and at the stations. These preventative measures will help maintain a safe and healthy travel experience for all.