SERVICE CHANGES ANNOUNCED FOR SHORE LINE EAST AND HARTFORD LINE
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) announced rail service changes on Shore Line East and Hartford Line as part of the State of Connecticut’s coordinated effort to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19. The following rail schedule changes will go into effect Monday, March 16th and will continue until further notice.
● Shore Line East:
○ Shore Line East will operate on a weekend schedule 7 days per week
○ Additional trains will be added to the schedule from Monday through Friday, including:
■ Westbound Service (To New Haven):
● 3609 departing New London at 5:24 AM
● 3615 departing Old Saybrook at 7:48 AM
● 3647 departing Old Saybrook at 4:27 PM
■ Eastbound Service (To Old Saybrook):
● 3630 departing New Haven at 3:25 PM
○ Shore Line East through-trains to/from Stamford will not operate during this time. Customers must transfer to/from New Haven Line trains at New Haven Union Station.
● Hartford Line:
○ Hartford Line will operate on a Saturday schedule 7 days per week
○ Additionally, Amtrak Train 143, departing Springfield at 6:00 AM, and Amtrak Train 146, departing New Haven Union Station at 9:54 PM, will not operate
Shore Line East and Hartford Line will continue to operate as scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays. Customers should check shorelineeast.com or hartfordline.com for the latest, most up-to-date service information. Metro-North New Haven Line commuters should check mta.info/mnr for service updates.
The rail service changes are being made following significant ridership declines. For those that continue to ride public transportation, the Department of Transportation will continue to work closely with its rail and bus service providers to ensure trains, buses and facilities are cleaned frequently in accordance with Centers for Disease Control recommendations. The health and welfare of customers and frontline employees remains the highest priority.
For more information on the statewide response and tips on how to stay healthy, visit CT.gov/Coronavirus
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot