CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: March 29, 2017||
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
New Spring Train Schedule on Shore Line East
Effective Monday, April 3, 2017
The Connecticut Department of Transportation today announced a Shore Line East (SLE) spring schedule change that will begin on Monday, April 3, 2017. A new special holiday getaway train will operate. There are also changes to two weekend trains to and from New London. SLE operates 34 weekday trains and 19 weekend and holiday trains. SLE continues to operate four trains through to and from Stamford each weekday.
Special Holiday Getaway Train
A Special train will be available on the Friday prior to Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day holiday weekends.
· Train 1634 will depart New Haven at 4:10 pm and will make all stops to Old Saybrook.
NEW LONDON CHANGES:
3653 & 3655 - Weekend Evening Westbound
- Train 3653 will NOW originate in New London. It will depart at 4:35 p.m. and arrive at New Haven Union Station at 5:38 p.m.
- Train 3655 will NO LONGER originate in New London. It will now depart from Old Saybrook at 5:55 p.m. and arrive at New Haven Union Station at 6:38 p.m.
3626 & 3034 - Weekend Afternoon Eastbound
- Train 3626 will NOW terminate in New London. It will depart at New Haven Union Station at 2:12 p.m. and terminate at New London at 3:19 p.m.
- Train 3034 will NO LONGER terminate in New London. It will depart at New Haven Union Station at 4:12 p.m. and terminate at Old Saybrook at 4:56 p.m.
For more information on the new service or changes to the existing service, customers should consult the new train schedules on-line at www.shorelineeast.com .