CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: March 24, 2014||
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: 212 878-7440
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
Metro-North to Hold Informal Customer Forums at Stations
First of Six to be Held Wednesday in Grand Central from 4-6 PM
Making good on a pledge to increase openness and transparency, MTA Metro-North Railroad will hold six informal meeting at Grand Central and outlying stations in an effort to engage customers in a dialogue with senior management of the railroad, including the new president, Joseph Giulietti.
On Wednesday March 26, 2014, Giulietti and other senior managers will be on the floor of Grand Central Terminal’s Main Concourse from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. to listen to customer comments and suggestions.
These sessions are part of the communications initiatives included in Metro-North’s 100-Day Action Plan.
Additional sessions are scheduled as follows:
- April 3, White Plains Station entrance lobby from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 10, Stamford Station across from the Ticket Office from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 1, Grand Central Terminal, Main Concourse from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- May 6, Croton-Harmon Station, near the ticket office, north overpass from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 14, Harrison Station on the eastbound platform from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information about the 100-Day Action Plan, visit www.mta.info/mnr