CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7456
|FOR RELEASE: May 17, 2013||
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
New Weekday and Weekend Train Service
Spring Schedule Change on Shore Line East
Effective Saturday, May 18, 2013
The Connecticut Department of Transportation today announced a Shore Line East (SLE) spring schedule change that will begin on Saturday, May 18, 2013. New weekday and weekend trains will be operated. There are also changes to trains times on both weekdays and weekends.
This SLE schedule change will include new weekend train service to Old Saybrook, new weekday late morning service to Old Saybrook and New London, and two special Friday-only trains. SLE will now operate 30 weekday trains and 19 weekend and holiday trains. SLE continues to operate four trains through to and from Stamford each weekday.
Additional weekend service to and from New London is anticipated in the near future. Amtrak, which owns the line between New Haven and New London, has submitted an application for the additional service to the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. DEEP approval is required because of the rail bridges over water between Old Saybrook and New London (Connecticut River, Niantic River and Shaw’s Cove).
· 4 new trains added to the weekday schedule, including 2 trains to/from New London and 2 trains to/from Old Saybrook
o Trains will depart New Haven at 9:12 a.m. for Old Saybrook and 11:02 a.m. for New London
o Trains will depart Old Saybrook at 10:55 a.m. for New Haven and depart New London at 12:15 p.m. for New Haven
· 2 Friday-only trains to/from Old Saybrook
o Trains will depart New Haven at 2:10 p.m. for Old Saybrook and depart Old Saybrook at 3:05 p.m. for New Haven
· Total of 19 trains to be operated each weekend day to/from Old Saybrook (an additional 3 trains each weekend day)
o Trains will depart New Haven at: 7:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., 10:04 a.m., 12.05 p.m., 2:02 p.m., 4:02 p.m., 5:02 p.m., 6:08 p.m., 8;04 p.m. and 10;05 p.m. for Old Saybrook
o Train will depart Old Saybrook at 7:00 a.m., 8:57 a.m., 10:55 a.m., 12:55 p.m. 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 6:05 p.m. 7:00 p.m., and 8:48 p.m. for New Haven
In addition to the added new weekend and weekday service, some existing SLE weekend and weekday trains will be have modified schedules:
· SLE train departing New Haven at 5:20 a.m. will now depart 10 minutes later at 5:30 a.m. and will stop at Guilford, Old Saybrook and New London
· SLE train departing New Haven at 6:35 p.m. will now depart 5 minutes earlier at 6:30 p.m. and will stop at State Street, Branford, Guilford, Madison , Clinton, Westbrook, Old Saybrook and New London
· SLE train departing New London at 6:20 p.m. will now depart 5 minutes earlier at 6:15 p.m. and will stop at Old Saybrook, Guilford, State Street, and New Haven
· SLE train departing New London at 7:30 p.m. will now depart 8 minutes later at 7:38 p.m. and will stop at Old Saybrook, Guilford, State Street, and New Haven
· SLE train departing New Haven at 12:02 p.m. will now depart 3 minutes later at 12:05 p.m. and will stop at State Street, Guilford and Old Saybrook
· SLE train departing Old Saybrook at 7:04 p.m. will now depart 4 minutes earlier at 7:00 p.m. and will stop at Guilford, State Street, and New Haven
· SLE train departing Old Saybrook at 9:05 p.m. will now depart 17 minutes earlier at 8:48 p.m. and will stop at Guilford, State Street, and New Haven
For more information on the new service or changes to the existing service, customers should consult the new train schedules on-line at www.shorelineeast.com.
- 30 -