CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: May 30, 2014||
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
Nighttime Bridge Repairs on Interstate 91 Northbound and Southbound in New Haven
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing that nighttime bridge repairs will continue on various bridges on Interstate 91 Northbound and Southbound in New Haven through June 27, 2014.
The bridge work consists of asphaltic plug joint repairs and crack sealing on the bridges listed below.
- New Haven – Bridge # 3014 over Mill River & State Street (1.35)
- New Haven – Bridge # 3015 over Mill River & State Street ( 1.43)
- New Haven – Bridge # 3018 over Willow Street (1.65)
- New Haven – Bridge # 3092 over Clinton Avenue (2.15)
- New Haven – Bridge # 3093 over Front Street & Quinnipiac River (2.30)
- New Haven – Bridge # 3094 over Amtrak (2.60)
- New Haven – Bridge # 3096 over Route 17, Middletown Ave. (2.77)
This project is included in the Department of Transportation’s 2014 bridge maintenance program.
LANE CLOSURE INFO
Motorists can expect lane closures on Interstate 91 Northbound & Southbound between Exit 3 (Trumbull Street) and Exit 9 (SR 715) in New Haven.
Traffic control personnel and signing patterns will be utilized to guide motorists through the work zone. The regular work schedule for this project is from 9:00pm to 5:00am, Sunday through Friday morning.
Motorists should be aware that modifications or extensions to this schedule may become necessary due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving in this vicinity.