CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: August 1, 2013||
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
Nighttime Bridge Maintenance on I-95 in Bridgeport and Stratford
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing that a nighttime bridge maintenance project will be performed on various bridges on I-95 Northbound and Southbound in Bridgeport and Stratford beginning the evening of August 1, 2013.
The project consists of asphaltic plug joint repairs on the bridges listed below. This work is scheduled to occur on the evening of Thursday, August 1, 2013 through the morning of Friday,
August 30, 2013.
· Bridgeport – Bridge #00120 over Central Avenue (30.75)
· Bridgeport – Bridge #00121 over Union Ave (30.84)
· Bridgeport – Bridge #00122 over Route 113 (Hollister Avenue) (31.07)
· Stratford – Bridge #00123 over Surf Avenue (31.30)
· Stratford – Bridge # 00124 over Stagg Street (31.57)
· Stratford – Bridge # 00128 over Route130 (Stratford Avenue) (32.58)
· Stratford – Bridge # 00129 over West Broad Street (32.86)
· Stratford – Bridge # 00130 over Church Street (33.04)
LANE CLOSURE INFO
Motorists can expect lane closures on I-95 Northbound and Southbound between Exit 29 (Seaview Avenue) in Bridgeport and Exit 33 (Route 130) in Stratford. Traffic control personnel and signing patterns will be utilized to guide motorists through the work zone. The regular work schedule for this project is from 9:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (Monday through Thursday evenings).
Motorists should be aware that modifications or extensions to this schedule may become necessary due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving in this vicinity.