CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7456
|FOR RELEASE: June 20, 2012||
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
LANE CLOSURE / TRAFFIC INFO – Dates are subject to change and times are approximate. To avoid travel delays through the area please plan ahead and consider alternate routes to get to your destination.
I-95 NB lane restrictions and ramp closures beginning 8 p.m. Friday, June 22, 2012 are:
- Only one lane of I-95 NB will be available between Long Wharf Drive (Exit 46) and Woodward Avenue (Exit 50), and only one lane will be available on the I-91 NB Ramp from I-95 NB (Exit 48) until 8 a.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012.
- Long Wharf Drive On-Ramp to I-95 NB will be CLOSED until 8 a.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012. Motorists wishing to access I-95 NB, I-91 NB, or Route 34 WB from Long Wharf Drive will be detoured on local roadways.
- I-95 NB Off-Ramp to Woodward Avenue (Exit 50) will be CLOSED until 8 a.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012. Traffic will be detoured to Woodward Avenue via South Frontage Road (Exit 51), North Frontage Road, and Forbes Avenue/ US Route 1.
I-91 SB Access to I-95 NB lane restrictions and closures beginning Friday, June 22, 2012 are:
- I-91 SB Ramp traffic for I-95 NB will be merging with a single lane of I-95 NB from 8 p.m. Friday, June 22, 2012 to 8 a.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012, and will be merging with two lanes of I-95 NB from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012. Expect significant delays accessing I-95 NB.
- I-91 SB Ramp to I-95 NB will be CLOSED at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012 until 10 a.m. Sunday, June 24, 2012. Traffic will be detoured to I-95 SB Exit 45 (Route 10, Ella Grasso Blvd), where motorists will be directed back onto I-95 NB. After the I-91 SB Ramp reopens, traffic flow may be restricted due to continued lane closures on I-95 NB until 6 a.m. Monday, June 25, 2012.
- I-91 SB will not have access to Woodward Avenue/Port Area (Exit 50) from 8 p.m. Friday, June 22, 2012 until after 6 p.m. Saturday, June 22, 2012.
I-95 NB lane restrictions and ramp closures beginning Saturday, June 23, 2012 are:
- Wooster Street On-Ramp to I-95 NB will be CLOSED from 2 p.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012 until 10 a.m. Sunday, June 24, 2012. Traffic will be detoured to I-95 NB via Franklin Street, Chapel Street, East Street, Forbes Avenue, and Frontage Road.
Rte 34 EB ramp to I-95 NB
- Intermittent 10 minute traffic stoppages will occur on the Route 34 EB ramp to I-95 NB from 8:00 p.m. Friday, June 22, 2012 until 8 a.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012.
All vehicles including trucks may use Connecticut Routes 25 and 8, Route 9, I-91, I-691, and I-84 and I- 684 in Connecticut and New York. Permitted oversize/overweight vehicles must follow planned route. Passenger vehicles may also use Route 15 (Merritt and Wilbur Cross Parkways).
This work is part of the I-95 New Haven Harbor Crossing (NHHC) Corridor Improvement Program. I-95 NHHC Corridor Improvement Program construction includes the new Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge, the new Route 34 Flyover Bridge, and reconstruction of the I-95 / I-91 / Route 34 Interchange.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is working to inform local residents of current and upcoming construction activities through announcements such as this, as well as the I-95 NHHC Corridor Improvement Program website (www.I95NewHaven.com).
If you have any questions about the program, please call us at 1-203-752-1996 or send an email to info@I95NewHaven.com.