Parkway Permits dotline

Parkway Permit Request Form

For Microsoft Edge users, in order to use the form, right click on the hyperlink and either save the form to a location on your computer or right click and choose Open with Bluebeam or Adobe.

Permits for entry upon and use of the parkways by vehicles normally excluded therefrom may be issued by the Office of the State Traffic Administration when, in its opinion, the interests of public necessity are served thereby. Such permits shall be in writing and shall specify the period of validity of such permit, the parkway or portion thereof and the identity of the vehicle concerned.  A copy of the permit shall be carried in the vehicle.

The following are prohibited from entry upon and use of the highway right-of-way of those limited access state highways designated as parkways:

(a) commercial motor vehicles;

(b) trailers; of any kind

(c) all towed vehicles except as provided in Section 14-298-240;

(d) buses;

(e) hearses when part of a procession or cortege;

(f) vehicles bearing other than passenger, camper, taxicab, vanpool or hearse registrations and those vehicles bearing combination registrations which have a gross weight in excess of seventy-five hundred pounds;

(g) vehicles whose dimensions, including any load, exceed one of the following:

       length – twenty-four feet
       width - seven feet, six inches
       height – eight feet

For further information, please contact:
Office of the State Traffic Administration
Phone: (860) 594-3020
Fax: (860) 594-2552