CTDOT Press Releases
Shore Line East Weekend Summer Construction Schedule Effective May 20, 2023
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) is alerting riders of the upcoming Shore Line East (SLE) summer construction schedule that will take effect on May 20, 2023. The construction schedule is needed for a Fitter Interlocking Project and catenary foundation work. The project is anticipated to be completed by September.
This schedule change impacts departure times by up to 36 minutes. Please be aware that some connection trains have changed, and some station platform boarding assignments will be adjusted. Track assignment posters for boarding will continue to be updated at each station.
“Safety is our top priority, and this work is needed to keep the railroad in a state of good repair. As we continue working to ensure our transportation system is accessible to everyone, we appreciate riders being patient as this work is completed over the summer,” said Connecticut Department of Transportation Rail Administrator Rich Jankovich.
SLE Weekend trains with schedule adjustments include:
- SLE 3621, arriving in New Haven at 9:20 a.m., 10 minutes earlier.
- SLE 3645, arriving in New Haven at 3:55 p.m., 26 minutes later.
- SLE 3604, departing New Haven at 8:46 a.m., 20 minutes later.
- SLE 3610, departing New Haven at 10:57 a.m., 19 minutes later.
- SLE 3618, departing New Haven at 12:57 p.m., 22 minutes later.
- SLE 3034, departing New Haven at 4:50 p.m., 20 minutes later.
- SLE 3638, departing New Haven at 5:42 p.m., 12 minutes later.
Starting May 22, 2023, the following trains will be bypassing the Madison station and will experience other service adjustments as noted below:
- SLE 1627 passengers departing Madison at 5:57 a.m. will be bused to New Haven Union Station or any intermediate stops.
- SLE 1652 passengers traveling to Madison Station will need to get off at the Guilford station and then board a bus at 10:05 p.m., completing the trip to Madison station.
- SLE 3613 passengers traveling on Saturdays from Madison will need to board a bus departing from the station at 7:01 a.m. to get to New Haven Union Station or any intermediate stops.
Passengers can find the updated schedule here and are encouraged to visit ShoreLineEast.com for the latest service information. Riders can sign up for alerts sent directly to their phone or email at shorelineeast.com/service-alerts.
SLE passengers are encouraged to pre-purchase their rail tickets before boarding. CTrail passengers may purchase their rail tickets using the CTrail eTix mobile ticketing app at CTrail ticket vending machines in New Haven, or Amtrak ticket windows in New Haven, Old Saybrook, and New London (credit and debit cards only).
While passengers are no longer required to wear masks on board trains or in stations, masks are welcome and remain an important preventive measure against COVID-19. Anyone needing or choosing to wear one is encouraged to do so.
FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
Facebook: Connecticut Department of Transportation
Share this information on: