CTDOT Press Releases
Service Changes Announced for Shore Line East
CTDOT is announcing service changes on Shore Line East effective May 24, 2022
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) today announced Shore Line East (SLE) schedule changes effective Tuesday, May 24, 2022. Service levels will remain unchanged, but due to infrastructure and operational limitations, trains 1646 and 1697 will have bus service between Old Saybrook and New London. Please note that bus travel times listed on our schedule may vary due to traffic. In addition, select trains have minor time adjustments.
The following rail schedule changes will go into effect on Tuesday, May 24, 2022.
- Weekday SLE train 1645 will operate earlier, departing New London Station at 7:10 AM
- Weekday SLE train 1659 will operate earlier, departing New London Station at 9:38 AM
- Weekday SLE train 1697 will operate as a bus substitute from New London Station to Old Saybrook Station. The bus will depart New London Station at 8:25 PM and will arrive in Old Saybrook Station at 8:50 PM
Old Saybrook/New London-bound:
- Weekday SLE train 1602 will operate earlier, departing New Haven Union Station at 5:55 AM
- Weekday SLE train 1632 will operate later, departing New Haven Union Station at 3:28 PM
- Weekday SLE train 1646 will operate as a bus substitute from Old Saybrook Station to New London Station. The bus will depart Old Saybrook Station at 7:45 PM and will arrive in New London Station at 8:10 PM
- Weekend SLE train 3618 will operate later, departing New Haven Station at 12:35 PM
Buses will be staged directly in front of the Old Saybrook and New London Stations.
Please visit Shorelineeast.com to view the current schedule and check news and alerts to get the latest information. Please visit Amtrak.com to view the current schedule and to get the latest Amtrak information. You can also sign up to have alerts sent directly to your phone or email at shorelineeast.com/service-alerts. Information about all rail services in Connecticut is available at CTrail.com.
The requirement of a wearing a mask on public transportation has been lifted and will no longer be enforced on Hartford Line, and Shore Line East services and rail facilities in Connecticut. Per current CDC guidelines, wearing a mask is strongly encouraged. Customers who feel sick should not use public transportation.
FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
Facebook: Connecticut Department of Transportation
Share this information on: