-Emergency Rental Assistance for Connecticut’s Economy-
The UniteCT program is currently processing cases that were fully submitted by the program close of March 31st, 2022. On July 31st the following notifications were emailed to all potentially eligible electric and/or rent households with important instructions and deadlines (link to PDF of the UniteCT Final Electric Notification Letter and UniteCT Final RentRelief Notification Letter). Fully submitted cases are reviewed in accordance with the program guidelines and availability of Treasury's funding.
UniteCT Program is administered by the Department of Housing on behalf of the US Treasury. UniteCT may provide eligible tenant households up to 12 months and/or $15,000 in rental assistance and up to 12 months of electric arrearage assistance on behalf of program approved Connecticut households financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. UniteCT is stabilizing CT’s rental housing market by financially supporting those households up to 80% of HUD’s Area Median Income (AMI).
UniteCT Required Documents / Document Matrix
Tenant and Landlord Participation Agreement
For assistance, please refer to the Resources for Tenants or Resources for Landlords sections above, or you can reach out to your local UniteCT Resource Center (above). If you need further assistance, please call 1-844-UniteCT (1-844-864-8328).
(Please select the icon in the lower right corner of the report to toggle full-screen mode or use this link)
Select here to view information in a table format.
Please consider working with other community stakeholders to help your household further the recovery from the pandemic:
- United Way 211 Infoline provides various services and resources for residents. Learn more by visiting www.211ct.org or calling 211 or 1-800-203-1234.
- Statewide Legal Services (SLS) provides free legal assistance to eligible renter households https://apply.slsct.org/ or 800-453-3320.
- American Job Centers offer no-cost services to jobseekers throughout the state. Learn more by visiting http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/JobCenterCT/Index.htm.
- Community Action Agencies provides links to numerous programs and resources for CT residents– Connecticut Community Action Agencies – Connecticut Association for Community Action (cafca.org)
- SOAR provides support for households needing to secure social security disability benefits- Connecticut | SOAR Works! (samhsa.gov)
- Housing Choice Voucher list for subsidized housing CT Housing Choice Voucher Program (cthcvp.org)
- Connecticut Institute for Immigrants and Refugees (CIRI) provides resources for refugees and immigrants - cirict.orgor 203-612-5464
- LISC CT -Financial Opportunity Networks shares many services regarding financial literacy, budgeting and economic recovery Financial Opportunity Centers | LISC Connecticut Statewide
- CT Domestic Violence 24-hour hotline - 888-774-2900 (English) 844-832-9200 (Spanish), http://www.ctcadv.org
- Regional Workforce Development Boards: https://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/rwdb/dir-rwdb.htm
- Apartment search ideas –
Information regarding UniteCT may change as policy and updates from regulatory guidance is made. Please check back to the website often to ensure the program information you are referencing is the most current. UniteCT strives to make timely decisions on fully submitted applications but is not responsible for the amount of time necessary to underwrite requests due to many circumstances.