-Emergency Rental Assistance for Connecticut’s Economy-
As of February 15th, 2022 the UniteCT program has suspended new rent and electric application submissions and recertification intake. Tenants and landlords who have a Rent Relief Case # will have until March 31st, 2022 to complete their applications. Any cases not fully completed by March 31st, 2022 will be withdrawn from the case review process. Fully submitted cases are reviewed in accordance with the program guidelines and availability of Treasury's funding.
UniteCT Program is administered by the Department of Housing on behalf of the US Treasury. UniteCT provides up to $15,000 rental and electricity payment assistance on behalf of Connecticut households financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. UniteCT is stabilizing CT’s rental housing market by financially supporting those households up to 80% of HUD’s Area Median Income (AMI).
UniteCT Required Documents / Document Matrix
Tenant and Landlord Participation Agreement
For assistance, please refer to the Resources for Tenants or Resources for Landlords sections above, or you can reach out to your local UniteCT Resource Center (above). If you need further assistance, please call 1-844-UniteCT (1-844-864-8328).
(Please select the icon in the lower right corner of the report to toggle full-screen mode or use this link)
Select here to view information in a table format.
Please consider working with other community stakeholders to help your household further the recovery from the pandemic:
- United Way 211 Infoline provides various services and resources for residents. Learn more by visiting www.211ct.org or calling 211 or 1-800-203-1234.
- Statewide Legal Services (SLS) provides free legal assistance to eligible renter households https://apply.slsct.org/ or 800-453-3320.
- American Job Centers offer no-cost services to jobseekers throughout the state. Learn more by visiting http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/JobCenterCT/Index.htm.
- Community Action Agencies provides links to numerous programs and resources for CT residents– Connecticut Community Action Agencies – Connecticut Association for Community Action (cafca.org)
- SOAR provides support for households needing to secure social security disability benefits- Connecticut | SOAR Works! (samhsa.gov)
- Housing Choice Voucher list for subsidized housing CT Housing Choice Voucher Program (cthcvp.org)
- Connecticut Institute for Immigrants and Refugees (CIRI) provides resources for refugees and immigrants - cirict.orgor 203-612-5464
- LISC CT -Financial Opportunity Networks shares many services regarding financial literacy, budgeting and economic recovery Financial Opportunity Centers | LISC Connecticut Statewide
- CT Domestic Violence 24-hour hotline - 888-774-2900 (English) 844-832-9200 (Spanish), http://www.ctcadv.org
- Regional Workforce Development Boards: https://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/rwdb/dir-rwdb.htm
- Apartment search ideas –
Information regarding UniteCT may change as policy and updates from regulatory guidance is made. Please check back to the website often to ensure the program information you are referencing is the most current. UniteCT strives to make timely decisions on fully submitted applications but is not responsible for the amount of time necessary to underwrite requests due to many circumstances.