TEMPORARY HOUSING ASSISTANCE INITIATIVES
Temporary Rental Housing Assistance Program (Dept of Housing)
This program is available as of July 15, 2020.
Acting through the Department of Housing (DOH) and the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA), the State of Connecticut has created the Temporary Rental Housing Assistance Program (TRHAP) to respond to the housing issues associated with the advent of COVID-19.
To determine if you qualify for TRHAP assistance, Threshold Eligibility Information may be submitted in ONE of TWO ways;
Click the link, complete the questionnaire in full on line, and hit Submit;
Call 1-860-785-3111 and speak to a Call Center Representative, Monday thru Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. The representative will walk you through the Threshold Eligibility criteria.
• Initial priority for assistance will be targeted at individuals and families who have been denied unemployment assistance from the Department of Labor.
• If you are unemployed/under-employed and have not yet filed for unemployment assistance, you should do so as soon as possible.
• Please make every attempt to remain in contact with your landlord, and to make rental payments.
• Watch the Department of Housing website for additional information.
Temporary Mortgage Assistance Program (Connecticut Housing Finance Authority)• This program is available as of July 15, 2020.
• Visit the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority website for program guidelines and processes.