File a NonMortgage Foreclosure Complaint
Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut - Complaint Notice:
The Department of Banking (DOB) accepts complaints regarding your non-mortgage foreclosure
How do I submit a complaint?
- Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the entity who filed the foreclosure:
- Condominium Association: the law firm that is representing the condominium association
- Property Tax: Town Tax Collector’s Office
- Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA): your town authority
- You may also contact the following for assistance. The Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA) has a loan program, the Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (EMAP) that you can apply for if you have a mortgage on your property. You may also contact a Small Loan Lender to apply for a loan.
- Avoiding Foreclosure
Representing Yourself in Foreclosure: A Guide for Connecticut Homeowners (CT Fair Housing Center)
A Consumers Guide to Mortgage Refinancing (Federal Reserve)
Statewide Moving Guide (CT Fair Housing Center)
Telephone Direct: 860-240-8170
Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Foreclosure Assistance Hotline: 1-877-472-8313
By Email: email@example.com
This is an unsecured e-mail address for general questions. Please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security and/or account numbers, birth date, user ID, or passwords using this unsecured e-mail address. To send a Secure Message log into the Online Assistance Form.