Connecticut Hemp Program Application Information and Guidance Documents
Hemp Producer Application Information
To apply for a Hemp Producer license:
1. Review C.G.S. § 22-61l updated in the September 2020 Special Session to understand the program requirements.
2. Suspension of Criminal History Records Check Requirement.
At the present time, the federal and state criminal history records check program for the State Department of Agriculture has not been approved by the FBI, and background checks cannot be completed at this time. The commissioner has the discretion to issue conditional grower licenses without the completion of this records check. Once the state and federal criminal history records check program has been approved and the required background checks can be completed, you will be notified, and have 60 days to complete the background checks for the individual applicants and all key participants. The Commissioner shall revoke or terminate any conditional grower license upon expiration of the 60 day period, if the applicant’s or conditional licensee’s, (including all key participants) results do not meet the requirements of the federal act, and CGS 22-61l.
3. Create a map of your lot(s) and gather GPS coordinates for lots and indoor grow location. See Instructions for Creating Lot Maps guidance document below. The Farm Service Agency (FSA) can also help with creating a lot map.
4. Complete the Hemp Producer Application via the eLicense system https://www.elicense.ct.gov/
5. Register your fields (lots, greenhouses) with your local FSA office USDA Service Center Locator
6. Update your lot ID numbers in the CT eLicense system to the FSA assigned lot IDs https://www.elicense.ct.gov/ using the maintenance link.
Hemp Application Guidance Documents
Hemp Producer Reporting Forms and Instructions
* Additional Forms coming soon
Hemp Producer Sampling Documents
Hemp Producer Guidance Documents