Dairy Funding Opportunities
The Connecticut Milk Promotion Board (CTMPB), administered by the Connecticut Department of Agriculture, is pleased to announce new funding opportunities with up to $500,000 available for programming in fiscal year 2021-22. These opportunities will align with their core focus which includes the vision of increasing purchases and expanding the access of milk and dairy products to consumers, retailers, institutions, and other applicable outlets. The funding will support CTMPB’s mission to develop, coordinate, and implement promotional, research, and other programs designed to promote Connecticut dairy farms and the consumption of milk and dairy products.
Funding is provided through dairy checkoff dollars, established through the national dairy checkoff order. CGS Sec. 22-authorizes the CTMPB to award grant funds from Connecticut’s portion of checkoff dollars. All projects should be conducted in accordance with the national dairy checkoff order, which can be found at: httpst//www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/research-promotion/dairy.
The four funding opportunities are:
(1) Media RFQ: Open to eligible contract media vendors only
(3) Research RFA: Submissions must be completed through the following link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/CTDoAg/CTMPBResearchGrantApplication
(4) Farmer Engagement RFA: Submission must be completed through the following link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/CTDoAg/CTMPBFarmerEngagementGrantApplication
Proposed applicants can apply for any combination of the above program areas and are not limited to applying for only one.
Eligible entities include:
- Extension agencies
- Agricultural and non-profit organizations
- Agricultural science schools, universities, community colleges, and other educational institutions
- Research organizations
Interested applications should review each funding guidance document to confirm their eligibility.