2022 Industry Meeting Presentations
The following presentations were given at the 2022 Industry Meeting. Presentations can be viewed and downloaded by clicking the links, and the presenter's email address is linked by clicking on their name.
- New inspection requirements, including company training documents, intermittent and bulk tagging requirements, new requirements for new tag orders - Jenifer Yeadon
- Hard clam survey results - Tessa Getchis
- Bridgeport/Stratford Natural Bed Oyster Restoration Work (Funded by the Connecticut Department of Agriculture and SeaGrant) - David Carey
- Electronic tags
- Update on shellfish disease surveillance, harmful algal bloom monitoring program, and Vibrio parahaemolyticus and Vibrio vulnificus - Emily Marquis
- European Union update - Alissa Dragan
- The DA/BA has submitted a packet to the FDA Equivalence Team for the Westport and Milford Approved Shellfish Growing Areas. If approved by the European Commission, approved dealers will be certified to ship shellfish to Europe.
- Dealer responsibilities upon CT Acceptance are:
- Firms must be listed on the Interstate Certified Shellfish Shippers List
- Create an Export Listing Module (ELM) account (step by step instructions provided by the FDA)
- Obtain EU NOAA shellfish export certificates for each shipment (general information & service portal)
- Remain compliant with routine inspections by DA/BA and ensure documents submitted with each shipment are accurate and contain your EU Approval Number