2023 Industry Meeting Presentations
Presentations can be reviewed and downloaded by clicking each title, and the presenter's email address is linked by clicking on their name.
- Understanding your Shellstock Shipper I License and the license requirements - Alissa Dragan
- VMS requirements - ALL harvesters are required to have a working VMS unit on each vessel. Action will be taken against any company that continuously has a unit that is not reporting.
- Recalls - outlining firms' responsibilities - Jenifer Yeadon
- Bulk tagging/intermediate processing - Jenifer Yeadon
- Cooler Study - Jenifer Yeadon
- Landings - Reporting landings is a license requirement. This presentation reviews how to set up an account to report your monthly landings. - Matthew Bartell
- ISSC Updates - operational plans for seed and aquaculture producers - Alissa Dragan
- Oyster restoration research project
- NOAA infrastructure funding and working on the Bridgeport Natural Bed
2022 Industry Meeting Presentations
- New inspection requirements, including company training documents, intermittent and bulk tagging requirements, new requirements for new tag orders - Jenifer Yeadon
- Hard clam survey results - Tessa Getchis
- Bridgeport/Stratford Natural Bed Oyster Restoration Work (Funded by the Connecticut Department of Agriculture and SeaGrant) - David Carey
- Electronic tags
- Update on shellfish disease surveillance, harmful algal bloom monitoring program, and Vibrio parahaemolyticus and Vibrio vulnificus - Emily Marquis
- European Union update - Alissa Dragan
- The DoAG has submitted a packet to the FDA Equivalence Team for the Westport and Milford Approved Shellfish Growing Areas. If approved by the European Commission, approved dealers will be certified to ship shellfish to Europe.
- Dealer responsibilities upon CT Acceptance are:
- Firms must be listed on the Interstate Certified Shellfish Shippers List
- Create an Export Listing Module (ELM) account (step by step instructions provided by the FDA)
- Obtain EU NOAA shellfish export certificates for each shipment (general information & service portal)
- Remain compliant with routine inspections by DoAG and ensure documents submitted with each shipment are accurate and contain your EU Approval Number