Preventing Opioid Misuse
We can all take steps to prevent opioid misuse.
- Talk to your children.
- Talk with your doctor. Discuss alternatives to opioids for pain management.
- Monitor your medications. Count your medications. Make sure they are safe and secure. Dispose of unwanted medications.
- CDC - Rx Awareness Campaign
- Factsheet: What You Need To Know About Prescription Opioids
- Preventing Misuse and Diversion of Medication - American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Video PSA: Prescription Drug Overdose Prevention
- Bridget & Craig's Story
- Rich's Story
- Kathy's Story
- "Riley" - a 9-year-old girl's viewpoint
- John - A Father's Story
- Proper Disposal of Unused Meds in Trash
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) - Transcript
- "Help a Friend or Family Member"
- "Don't Let the Words Fool You - Opioid Addiction is Real"
- "Narcan Saves Lives"
- "Be Drug Smart: Laced Heroin Kills Faster"