Office of Recovery Community Affairs
Chyrell D. Bellamy, PhD, MSW, Acting Director, (203) 444-2219 (cell), email@example.com
Cheri Bragg, Assistant Director, (860) 418-6935, Cheri.Bragg@ct.gov
The following three peer support trainings are currently endorsed in Connecticut:
- CCAR Recovery Coach Training
- Advocacy Unlimited Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) Training
- Hartford Healthcare Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) Training
- Warm Lines
- The CT Hearing Voices Network
- Advocacy Unlimited (AU)
- Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness-CT (NAMI-CT)
- Advance Directives
Advancing Peer Support & Lived Experience Leadership: 2021 Upward Spiral Summer Summit
Goal: To bring together and strengthen the peer support workforce in Connecticut and beyond. This includes Recovery Support Specialists, Recovery Coaches, Peer Navigators, advocates, activists, and other people working in roles using their lived experience. The series will consist of a May kick-off followed by bi-monthly opportunities for networking, learning/unlearning, innovation, and inspiration.
Topics include: National and International approaches on peer support; racial & social justice; frameworks of distress; wellness, soul work and creativity; peer support supervision and co-reflection; Intentional Peer Support (I.P.S.); Power Threat Meaning framework; Latinx Cultural values.