Equal Employment Opportunity Office
The Equal Employment Opportunity Office is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the proper implementation of policies and procedures related to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Equal Employment Opportunity Office helps ensure that the agency complies with federal, state and local affirmative action and equal opportunity laws, as well as the agency’s non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies. “Affirmative Action” means “positive action”, undertaken with conviction and effort, to overcome the present effects of past practices, policies, or any barriers to equal employment opportunity. This includes the goal of full and fair participation of any groups that have been found historically to be under-utilized in the workforce or otherwise adversely affected. The purpose and goal of affirmative action is equal employment opportunity.
Responsibilities: The Office conducts and/or participates in internal discrimination investigations, renders finding and is involved in a variety of resolution activities. The Office develops, implements and monitors affirmative action goals and objectives. The Office monitors compliance with State and Federal affirmative action/equal employment opportunity laws. The Office provides training and consults with managers and administrators on affirmative action matters. This Office directly reports to and is under the authority of the DMHAS Commissioner.
Staff:Main Office location: 171 Bow Lane (AA Office - Cottage 20), P.O. Box 351, Middletown, CT 06457 at south end of Connecticut Valley Hospital grounds.
Main Office Phone: 860-262-5862
Main Office Fax: 860-262-5197
Statewide Administration: Barbara K. Viadella, Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, Statewide Administration, 860-262-5863
Tommy Wilson, Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist 2, 860-262-6886
Lisa V. Edwards, Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist 1, 860-262-7108
Ashley Burke, Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist 1, 860-262-6508
Lorraine Collazo-DeLeon, Equal Employment Opportunity Assistant, 860-262-5817
Main Fax: 860-262-5197
- Working Plan for Affirmative Action 2.1
- Federal and State Anti-Discrimination Laws
- Sexual Harassment Policy Statement 2.2
- Reasonable Accommodation (ADA) Request Policy 2.18
- Internal Discrimination Grievance Procedure 2.19
- Equal Access to Services, Programs and Activities
- Gender Identity and/or Expression Policy 2.24
- Index of other Commissioner's Policies
- Equal Employment Opportunity Office Discrimination Complaint Form
- Medical Provider Information Form
- Reasonable Accommodation (ADA) Request Form
- State of Connecticut Medical Certificate Form (Form P-33A – employee)