Prepared Pursuant to Clean Water Act Sections 305(b) and 303(d)
The FINAL 2022 Connecticut Integrated Water Quality Report is now available. The public comment period has closed. Responses to submitted comments are now available.
New!!! Web mapping application to view and download IWQR information! As a result of previous public input, this cycle we have developed an online web mapping application that will allow the public to view and download assessment and TMDL information for the 2020 and 2022 cycles. We will continue to use this web application for future cycles.
Every two years (sometimes referred to as a cycle) Connecticut submits the Integrated Water Quality Report to Congress (IWQR). The report covers two sections of the Clean Water Act (CWA), 305 (b) and 303 (d).
Section 305(b) of the Federal Clean Water Act (CWA) requires each State to monitor, assess and report on the quality of its waters relative to designated uses established in accordance with the Connecticut Water Quality Standards.
Section 303(d) of the CWA requires each State to list waters not meeting water quality standards and prioritize those waters for Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) development or other management plans for restoration or protection.
Before each IWQR cycle is finalized and submitted to EPA, CTDEEP conducts an informational meeting and offers an opportunity for the public to review and comment on the report for at least 30 days after the report is public noticed.
- Presentation slides June 15, 2022
- 2022 IWQR Presentation Recording
- 2022 IWQR FINAL
- 2022 IWQR Response to Submitted Comments
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix A-1 Connecticut 305b Assessment Results for Rivers and Streams
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix A-2 Connecticut 305b Assessment Results for Lakes
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix A-3 Connecticut 305b Assessment Results for Estuaries
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix A-4 Site Specific Fish Consumption Advisories
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix B-1 List of Impaired Waters for Connecticut (EPA Category 5)
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix B-2 Waterbodies with Adopted TMDLs (EPA Category 4a)
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix B-3 Pollution Control Measures for Waterbody Segments (EPA Category 4b)
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix B-4 Nonpollutant Impairments (EPA Category 4c)
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix B-5 Reconciliation List of Impaired Waters (Delistings, Listings and Removals)
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix C-1 Priority List for Action Plan Development 2022-2024
- FINAL 2022 IWQR Appendix C-2 Waters Action Plan Development IWRM Post 2024
IWQR 2022 Received Comments
|1||Paul Aresta, Council On Environmental Quality
|2||Alicea Charamut, Rivers Alliance of Connecticut|
|3||Jean Pillo, Eastern Connecticut Conservation District|
|4||Patrick Kearny, Manchester Water and Sewer Department|
DEEP Water Quality Planning Information Listserv
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection uses the Department web site to provide information about topics pertaining to water quality based programs within Connecticut. If you would like to receive notice of water quality program updates by e-mail, please subscribe to the Water Quality Planning (WQP) Information listserv. Each time the web site is updated with materials relative to water quality based programs, you will receive an email notification with a link to the pertinent web page. To remove your name from the listserv, follow the unsubscribe steps outlined below.
How to Subscribe to the WQP Listserv
If you have an e-mail signature, header, and/or footer set up to be automatically included in emails, you will need to delete these before sending the subscribe request. Send an email to Listserv@List.CT.gov
Leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message type:
Subscribe DEEP_WQPlanning YourFirstName YourLastName
Substitute your first and last name in the text above when sending. You will receive an e-mail confirmation that you have successfully subscribed to the listserv.
How to Unsubscribe to the WQP Listserv
Requests to unsubscribe must be sent from the same email account used when subscribing to the email list. Send an e-mail to LISTSERV@LIST.CT.GOV Leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message type:
Unsubscribe DEEP_WQPlanning YourFirstName YourLastName
Substitute your first and last name in the text above when sending. You will receive an e-mail confirmation that you have been removed from the listserv.
CT DEEP is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request an accommodation contact us at 860-418-5910 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content last updated February 23, 2022