Construction Stormwater General Permit
The General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters from Construction Activities ("Construction Stormwater General Permit") requires developers and builders to implement a Stormwater Pollution Control Plan to prevent the movement of sediments off construction sites into nearby water bodies and to address the impacts of stormwater discharges from a project after construction is complete.
Go Paperless with DEEP's ezFile!
How to register using ezFile:
Set up a User Account (Instructions for creating a new account
(Anyone who intends to prepare, review and/or submit a registration electronically within the ezFile portal must create an account.)
Print Subscriber Agreement.
Get "wet" signatures on Subscriber Agreement.
- Update: Due to our current work from home procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a scanned pdf of the signed subscriber agreement must be emailed to email@example.com in addition to mailing in the original document.
Send Subscriber Agreement by postal mail to DEEP and wait for email approval.
Once you have received email approval of your SA, you can login to ezFile and complete a filing.
Remember: ezFile has been optimized for Google Chrome.
- If a registrant is not capable of submitting electronically (they do not have access to a computer), or if you have other questions or concerns regarding ezFile, please contact the stormwater group at 860-424-3025 or DEEP.StormwaterStaff@ct.gov
- Posting of Registrations for the Construction Stormwater General Permit:
- https://filings.deep.ct.gov/DEEPPortal/PublicSearch/SWC. This link will show registrations received and provide a date by which time citizens can comment on the registrant's Pollution Control Plan.
- To request or comment on a registration or Pollution Control Plan, submit a written request/ comment to DEEP.StormwaterStaff@ct.gov. A request/comment must include your name, contact information, and the project’s Application Number. Registration information will remain posted on this webpage for at least 90 days from the date of registration receipt.
- Stormwater Management
- Content Last Updated February 10, 2021