Construction Stormwater General Permit
- General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters from Construction Activities-- effective October 1, 2019; expires September 30, 2020; a one-year extension of the Construction Stormwater General Permit; no renewal registration is required. A Notice of Tentative Decision to reissue the Construction Stormwater General Permit with modifications is expected to be issued prior to the expiration of this extension.
- Notice of Reissuance without Modifications
- Impaired Waters Table for Construction Stormwater Discharges
- Coastal Management Determination Form (Appendix D) (Word, PDF)
- Stormwater Pollution Control Plan Review Checklist (Word, PDF)
- National Stormwater Calculator EPA’s National Stormwater Calculator is a desktop application that estimates the annual amount of rainwater and frequency of runoff from a specific site based on available information such as soil type, landscape and land-use information, historical weather, and types of low impact development controls)
- Notice of Termination Form (Word, PDF)
Turbidity Reporting Requirements:
Use the NetDMR electronic submission system to submit sampling results 180 days after permit authorization. Refer to Section 5.(c)(2)(F) of the general permit for more information. Within 15 days of obtaining permit authorization, contact the Department at DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the NetDMR subscription process.
Proposed Reissuance with Modifications of the General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters from Construction Activities (GP)
- Notice of Tentative Decision
- Fact Sheet
- Proposed Reissuance of the GP - Mark Up
- Proposed Reissuance of the GP - Clean
- Comments of the Proposed Reissuance of the GP
- January 8, 2020 comments from Jay Kulowiec, PE Industrial Water/Wastewater Consultancy, LLC
- January 19, 2020 comments from Gregory F. Walwer, Ph.D of ACS - Archaeological Consulting Services
- February 5, 2020 comments from Steven D. Trinkaus, PE of Trinkaus Engineering, LLC
- February 7, 2020 comments from John Kovach and Sal DeCarli of Connecticut Council of Trout Unlimited
- February 12, 2020 comments from Kathrine Klaus, Law Student Intern, Connecticut Fund for the Environment, Save the Sound
- February 13, 2020 comments from John C. Hall, Executive Director of The Jonah Center for Earth and Art
- February 13, 2020 comments from Alicea Charamut, Executive Director of Rivers Alliance of Connecticut
- February 14, 2020 comments from Mary Keane
- February 15, 2020 comments from Rowan M. Lytle of East Hampton
- February 15, 2020 comments from Gregory Plante
- February 17, 2020 comments from Deb Moshier-Dunn, VP of Save the River- Save the Hills, Inc.
- February 17, 2020 comments from Todd Berman, Manager - Environmental Programs & Projects of United Illuminating
- February 18, 2020 comments from Peter Hearn, Executive Director of State of Connecticut Council on Environmental Quality
- February 18, 2020 comments from Denise Savageau, President of Connecticut Association of Conservation Districts
- February 18, 2020 comments from Kelsey Wentling of Connecticut River Conservancy
- February 18, 2020 comments from Adam Fox, P.E. of State of Connecticut Department of Transportation
- February 18, 2020 comments from Robert Deptula, Supervisor, Environmental Licensing and Permitting of Eversource Energy
- February 18, 2020 comments from Gian A. Morresi
- February 18, 2020 comments from Louise Washer, President of Norwalk River Watershed Association, Inc.
- February 18, 2020 comments from Francis Pullaro, Executive Director of Renew Northeast
- February 18, 2020 comments from Solar Connecticut
- February 18, 2020 comments from Chris Sullivan, Executive Director of SW Conservation District
- February 18, 2020 comments from Brian S. Huntley, PE, Senior Project Manager of Tighe & Bond, Inc.
Go Paperless with DEEP's ezFile!
How to register using ezFile:
Set up a User Account (Instructions for creating a new account)
(Anyone who intends to prepare, review and/or submit a registration electronically within the ezFile portal must create an account.)
Create a Subscriber Agreement (SA) electronically in ezFile. (Instructions for creating an SA)
Print Subscriber Agreement.
Get "wet" signatures on Subscriber Agreement.
Send Subscriber Agreement by postal mail to DEEP and wait for email approval.
Every person that will fill out, edit, review, certify, or submit an electronic filing must be
identified and assigned a role. (Instructions for Assigning User Roles)
Once you have received email approval of your SA, you can login to ezFile and complete a filing.
Remember: ezFile has been optimized for Google Chrome.
If a registrant is not capable of submitting electronically (they do not have access to a computer), or if you have other questions or concerns regarding ezFile, please contact the stormwater group at 860-424-3025 or DEEP.StormwaterStaff@ct.gov
Posting of Registrations for the Construction Stormwater General Permit:
https://filings.deep.ct.gov/DEEPPortal/PublicSearch/SWC. This link will show registrations received and provide a date by which time citizens can comment on the registrant's Pollution Control Plan.
To request or comment on a registration or Pollution Control Plan, submit a written request/ comment to DEEP.StormwaterStaff@ct.gov. A request/comment must include your name, contact information, and the project’s Application Number. Registration information will remain posted on this webpage for at least 90 days from the date of registration receipt.
Content Last Updated April 14, 2020