Construction Stormwater General Permit
The General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters from Construction Activities ("Construction Stormwater General Permit") requires developers and builders to implement a Stormwater Pollution Control Plan to prevent the movement of sediments off construction sites into nearby water bodies and to address the impacts of stormwater discharges from a project after construction is complete.
- General Permit for the Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters from Construction Activities-- effective December 31, 2020; modified November 25, 2022
- Public Posting of Registrations for the Construction General Permit
- Recommended Final Determination with Attachments and Response to Comments
- Fact Sheet
- Modifications Regarding Activities within Cold Water Stream Habitats Fact Sheet
- Fisheries Consultation Form (Word, PDF) for Activities Within 100 Foot Buffer of Cold Water Stream Habitat
- Website Notice of Reissuance
- Impaired Waters Table for Construction Stormwater Discharges
- Coastal Management Determination Form (Appendix D) (Word, PDF)
- Stormwater Pollution Control Plan Review Checklist (Word, PDF)
- National Stormwater Calculator EPA’s National Stormwater Calculator is a desktop application that estimates the annual amount of rainwater and frequency of runoff from a specific site based on available information such as soil type, landscape and land-use information, historical weather, and types of low impact development controls)
- Notice of Termination--Non-Solar Projects (Word, PDF)
- Notice of Termination--Solar Projects (Word, PDF)
Go Paperless with DEEP's ezFile!
How to register using ezFile:
Set up a User Account (Instructions for creating a new account)
(Anyone who intends to prepare, review and/or submit a registration electronically within the ezFile portal must create an account.)
Create a Subscriber Agreement (SA) electronically in ezFile. (Instructions for creating an SA)
Print Subscriber Agreement.
Get "wet" signatures on Subscriber Agreement.
- Update: a scanned pdf of the signed subscriber agreement must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Maintain the originally-signed agreement in your records to be made available upon DEEP request.
Every person that will fill out, edit, review, certify, or submit an electronic filing must be
identified and assigned a role. (Instructions for Assigning User Roles)
Once you have received email approval of your SA, you can login to ezFile and complete a filing.
Remember: ezFile has been optimized for Google Chrome.
- If a registrant is not capable of submitting electronically (they do not have access to a computer), or if you have other questions or concerns regarding ezFile, please contact the stormwater group at 860-424-3025 or DEEP.StormwaterStaff@ct.gov
- Posting of Registrations for the Construction Stormwater General Permit:
- https://filings.deep.ct.gov/DEEPPortal/PublicSearch/SWC. This link will show registrations received and provide a date by which time citizens can comment on the registrant's Pollution Control Plan.
- To request or comment on a registration or Pollution Control Plan, submit a written request/ comment to DEEP.StormwaterStaff@ct.gov. A request/comment must include your name, contact information, and the project’s Application Number. Registration information will remain posted on this webpage for at least 90 days from the date of registration receipt.
- Stormwater Management
- Content Last Updated June 8, 2023