Underground Storage Tank Notice of Violation (NOV)
- Read and make sure you understand the alleged violations and required corrective actions listed in the NOV.
- Stop all activities that might result in further environmental harm (i.e. causing spills and leaks into the soil and/or groundwater).
- Perform immediately the corrective actions listed in the NOV.
- Fill out and sign the Compliance Statement Form associated with the NOV.
- Within 30 days of receipt of the NOV, submit to the UST NOV Compliance Office the following:
|No.||Violation Description||Corresponding Citation||Corrective Action|
|1||Failure to perform annual cathodic protection test on tanks and/or piping.||103(b)(2)(A) & (e)(2)(A)||Cathodic protection tests are required annually. Impressed current cathodic protection systems shall be inspected and readings recorded monthly.|
|2||Failure to perform annual LLD test.||104(f)||Line leak detectors require an annual test of operation.|
|3||Failure to perform annual tightness test for pressurized piping.||104(f) & 104(c)(2)(A)||Line tightness tests are required annually if this is primary method of line release detection.|
|4||Failure to perform a compliant release detection method.||104(e)||Compliant monthly release detection for tanks is required. View the regulatory citation for acceptable methods.|
|5||Failure to make available records of release detection compliance.||104(g)||Release detection records shall be maintained on-site and immediately available for inspection. With written approval, records greater than 5 years old may be kept off-site.|
|7||Failure to maintain a sensor containing sump free of liquid.||104(f)(3)||Clean sump and keep the sump free of liquid and debris in order to maintain interstitial line leak detection.|
|6||Failure to perform daily measurements and weekly reconciliation.||104(e)(4)(B)||Daily measurements & weekly reconciliation instructions and UST Inventory Reconciliation Form.|
Content Last Updated September 2019