- All hikers are requested to stay on the established trails and to respect the rights and property of landowners on and adjacent to the trail.
- The backpacking campsites are provided for the true backpacker only and therefore the length of stay at any one location is limited to one night.
- The campsites are available year round, barring unusual or severe weather conditions.
- Backpackers are requested to use backpacking stoves for cooking. If open fires must be used, please build only in established fire rings and be sure fires are fully extinguished before leaving campsites.
- Camp only in designated areas indicated on the map and by signs.
- Keep the trail and camping areas free of litter. Carry out what you carry in.
- Stay on the trail which is marked by blue blazes. Double blazes indicate a turn in the trail.
- Travel and camp in groups of less than 10 if possible.
- Human waste should be buried. Move at least 50 feet from the trail and 200 feet from water to do this.
- Pets are not allowed at backpack camping sites.
- Minors (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult in attendance who accepts responsibility for the camping party. Where the camping party consists of more than 10 people, there shall be adult supervision in a ratio of at least one adult to each ten campers under 18.
Notice To Campers
- Wear bright clothing such as a fluorescent orange vest or hat. Avoid brown, tan, gray or white.
- If you see someone hunting, call out to them to identify your location.
- Let someone know where you are going, and when you will return.