Municipal Wastewater Publications & Guidance
The Municipal Wastewater Section has prepared a number of publications and guidance documents to assist municipalities in managing their wastewater infrastructure. For information specific to Municipal Wastewater Projects, please visit the Clean Water Fund Page.
- Guidance on Continuing Education Requirements for Certified Wastewater Operators, December 2018
- Green Infrastructure Policy for the Clean Water State Revolving Fund Program (EPA Memo January 2016)
- Review of Wastewater Infrastructure Plans and Specifications for Non-Clean Water Fund Projects, May 2015
Proposed permit limits for phosphorus at Publicly Owned Treatment Works appear at:Nutrient Enrichment Analysis Watershed Overview (PDF), November 2011
- Managing Wet Weather with Green Infrastructure, Municipal Handbook, Incentive Mechanisms (EPA-833-F-09-001, June 2009)
- Incorporating Decentralized Options into Wastewater Facilities Planning, June 2005
- The Cost of Clean Water: A Sewer User Charge Rate Survey and Guidance Manual , March 1999
- Methods of Capital Cost Recovery on Water Pollution Control Projects, January 1997
- Information on the Ebola Virus
- Information on Microbeads
For additional information regarding the Municipal Wastewater Publications & Guidance, please e-mail or contact the Municipal Wastewater section at 860-424-3704.
Content updated on February 26, 2020