The Clean Water Fund Financial Assistance for Municipal Projects
The Clean Water Fund is the mechanism through which CT DEEP provides financial assistance to municipalities for projects addressing wastewater needs.
Due to resource constraints, municipalities should allocate a minimum of 90 calendar days from the date of submission to CT DEEP for the review and comment or approval of any document submitted related to the Clean Water Fund. These documents may include, but are not limited to, funding applications, engineering reports, plans and specifications, and professional services contracts.
Implementation or execution of such documents without prior written approval by CT DEEP will result in loss of funding eligibility for the subject of the document.
Reports Regarding CWF
- Clean Water Fund Annual Reports to the Governor
- The Clean Water Fund Dilemma, Increasing Demands with Diminishing Fiscal Resources: A Report from the Clean Water Fund Advisory Workgroup to DEEP Commissioner Gina McCarthy
Applications for Funding
- Hearing Examiners Report, including a response to comments
- FY 2022 - 2023 Clean Water Fund Priority List**
- FY 2022 - 2023 Clean Water Fund Priority List - Table 1
** Two minor edits were made to this Final version: 1) the word “Final” is on the Title page; and 2) The 20% grant/80% loan under the Reserve for Construction of I/I Rehabilitation Projects on page 13 as it was mistakenly left out and has been reinserted.
Please contact Syed Bokhari at email@example.com with any questions.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Subcontractor Participation on Clean Water Fund (CWF) Projects for Construction Projects (CWF Memo 2019-003)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Subcontractor Participation on Clean Water Fund (CWF) Projects for Engineering Services (CWF Memo 2019-002)
- DBE (MBE/WBE) Subcontractor Verfication Form (January 24, 2019)
Clean Water Fund Eligibility
- Phosphorus Project Grant Eligibility (CWF Memo 2016-005)
- Permit Costs Eligibility (CWF Memo 2016-001)
- Combined Sewer Overflow Treatment Plant Project Grant/Loan Eligibility (CWF Memo 2015-002)
- Utility Relocation (CWF Memo 2013-002)
- Roadway Restoration (CWF Memo 2013-001)
- Nitrogen Project Grant Eligibility (CWFM-4)
- Telecommunications Equipment Prohibition (CWF Memo 2021-001)
EPA Prohibition on Certain Telecommunication and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment in the SRF Programs
and Required Language for Construction Plans and Specifications Regarding the Prohibition.
- Equipment Sole Source (CWF Memo 2021-002)
- Quality Based Selection QBS of Engineering Services (CWF Memo 2021-003) and Guidance Document
Form used to certify QBS was completed: CT Clean Water Fund_QBS cert form
- Useful Life Certification Form
Clean Water Fund Program Administrative Requirements
- Revision to FY2019 Priority List - Removal of $4 million cap per municipality on Pump Station Projects (CWF Memo 2018-002)
- Change Order Requirements (CWF Memo 2018-001)
- Storm Resiliency (CWF Memo 2017-001)
- Fiscal Sustainability Requirements (CWF Memo 2016-006)
Fiscal Sustainability Plan (FSP) Certification Form (CWF Cert 001)
- Administrative Requirements on Clean Water Fund Agreements for Construction Project Loans exceeding $40 million (CWF Memo 2016-004)
- Progress Payments on Engineering Reports (CWF Memo 2015-001)
- Infiltration and Inflow Rehabilitation Projects (CWF Memo 2014-002)
- Revised CT DEEP American Iron and Steel Provision (CWF Memo 2014-001a)
EPA American Iron and Steel Guidance (2014)
EPA American Iron and Steel Training (2016)
DeMinimis Tracking Forms for AIS - Ongoing Tracking Form and Final Report Form
- Project Labor Agreement (CWF Memo 2013-003)
Content last updated August 24, 2022