Basic Trapping Online Prerequisites
Course Description: The Modified Basic Trapping Course is two parts. The first part will be held on an interactive videoconferencing platform which provides the opportunity for dialogue between the instructors and students. Each student must have their own device with audio and video capabilities for the online portion. The second part is an in-person field day. Attendance at both parts is mandatory to successfully complete the Modified Trapping Course and receive your certification.
The following must be completed and submitted PRIOR to registering for a Modified Basic Trapping Course (checklist). Please note: You will be disenrolled from the course if the following prerequisites are not submitted prior to registration.
- Complete the Online North American Trapper Education Course and submit your certificate of completion to DEEP.firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include student’s first and last name and conservation ID number in the subject line; those who do not will not be accepted.
- Register for a Modified Basic Trapping Field Day using your Connecticut Conservation ID on the CT Hunter Education Registration System.
What to bring to your Modified Basic Trapping Field Day:
- Mask (must completely cover both nose and face)
- Hand sanitizer
- Pen or pencil
- Mobile device with data (if you intend on taking the exam electronically)
- Chair (folding, sports or camping) for use when taking test.
Students will not be allowed to participate if they do not bring and wear proper PPE throughout the entire event. The Modified Basic Trapping Field Day will consist of field exercises, including equipment handling and demonstrations. The field day will include a proctored exam and will be approximately 3 hours.
Content last updated January 19, 2021.