Supervising Forest Products Harvester Certification
Directory of Certified Forest Practitioners
According to the Forest Practices Act, a certified supervising forest products harvester may:
- Solicit the purchase of commercial forest products.
- Execute oral or written contracts and agreements for the purchase of commercial forest products.
- Act in the buyer's behalf in the supervision of commercial forest product harvest operations.
- Mark trees as a means of clearly designating which are to be cut and which are to be left uncut.
- May discuss with the landowner and make recommendations concerning techniques and procedures applied to timber harvesting. Included in this would be such items as measures for erosion control, the location and installation of skid trails, haul roads, stream crossings, filter strips and sedimentation barriers, and techniques for felling and skidding trees.
- May complete notification forms.
According to the Forest Practices Act, a certified supervising forest products harvester cannot:
- Represent himself or herself as a forester.
- Participate in the preparation of cutting plans or forest management plans, either oral or written, without the supervision of a certified forester.
- Represent the landowner as his or her agent in the sale of forest products.
- Make recommendations to a landowner concerning silvicultural principles and techniques.
Content last updated in March 2022.