CARE Instructor Resources
How to Become a CARE InstructorThe CARE program relies on volunteer Instructors to accomplish our goal of creating knowledgeable, successful, environmentally conscious fishermen and women! Since 1986, over 750 citizens have been certified as CARE fishing Instructors and gone on to teach introductory level fishing classes around the state. CARE volunteer Instructors are involved with teaching thousands of participants each year through a variety of fishing classes and events. CARE Instructors are stewards of our environment that enjoy sharing their knowledge and love of fishing with others. We are always seeking new Instructors to join our volunteer ranks. If you enjoy the outdoors and are interested in sharing your love of fishing, please consider joining the CARE family as a volunteer fishing Instructor! Apply to become a Let's Go Fishing Certified instructor.
Once certified you will be encouraged and supported by CARE staff and your fellow CARE Instructors as you teach learn to fish classes and events!
Resources for Current CARE Instructors
Certified CARE Instructors can download and review PowerPoint Presentations, videos, class agendas, and more:
- CARE Instructor Time and Activity Report *Updated 2023
- CARE Instructor Time and Activity Report - INSTRUCTIONS *Updated 2023
- Intro to Fishing course PowerPoint or as a PDF
- Let's Go Fishing - online course
- INSTRUCTOR GUIDE
- "Let's Go Fishing!" Student Workbook
- How to fillet a fish - CARE Video
- Ice Fishing Class PowerPoint
- Ice Fishing Class AGENDA
- How to sound an ice fishing hole video
- How to fight a fish on a tip-up video
- Let's Go Ice Fishing video
Introduction to Freshwater Fly Fishing class materials
Content last updated in July 2023.