Emergency Response and Spill Prevention
Report Spills or other Environmental Emergencies to the CT DEEP 24 hours per day at:
If these numbers are unavailable for any reason, call 860-424-3333.
What is a spill?
A "spill" is any oil or petroleum products, chemicals, wastes or other potentially dangerous materials that are released in any manner.
What is an environmental emergency?
An environmental emergency is any situation that poses an immediate threat to public safety, health or the environment.
- Any oil and chemical spills (including petroleum products)
- CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and/or Nuclear Event)
- Emergency Response and Spill Prevention Division
- Poison Control Center
- Chemical Information on Spill Material (CHEMTREC)
- Marine Terminals
- Residential Home Heating Oil Tanks
- Underground Storage Tanks
- Mercury Management
- Site Clean-Up
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Response Center (NRC)
- State Emergency Response Commission (SERC)
Content last updated April 2020