Osborne Homestead Museum
500 Hawthorne Avenue
Contact Us and Directions
Museum Hours 2022May 7 through October 30
Thursday and Friday 10 AM - 4 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday 12 noon - 4 PM
Admission is Free. Donations are gratefully accepted for museum tours.
The Osborne Homestead Museum celebrates the life of Frances Osborne Kellogg, an accomplished businesswoman and conservationist who was dedicated to preserving land for future generations. Adjacent to the rolling hills and open meadows of Osbornedale State Park, Osborne Homestead Museum encompasses the house and grounds of the former Frances Osborne Kellogg Estate. Originally constructed in the mid-1800’s, the house was enlarged and completely remodeled in the Colonial Revival style during the 1920’s. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, its restored interior now displays the original contents of the estate, which constitutes a significant collection of antiques and fine arts. The Museum’s grounds are landscaped with formal flower gardens, ornamental shrubs, and flowering trees, providing visitors with an endless pageant of color from spring through autumn. The Osborne Homestead Museum is a member of the esteemed Connecticut Historic Gardens, a group of fifteen distinctive historic houses dedicated to bringing awareness to the state's unique history and garden designs. The museum is also one of the fourteen sites along the prestigious Connecticut Women's Heritage Trail, a collection of museums and institutions that highlight the role of women in the state's history.
The regular tour season runs from May through October. During the tour, visitors learn about the history of the Osborne family, Frances Osborne Kellogg’s role in local and state history, her impact in agriculture, the arts, the environment, and industrialization, and life in the Naugatuck Valley in the early 1900s.
- Guided tours led by knowledgeable staff.
- Collection of fine art, antiques and furnishings.
- Special tours for families and young visitors.
- A museum audio tour and an outdoor Kellogg Estate audio tour are available for smartphones. Disclaimer: For the audio tours, you will be directed to a website other than the official DEEP website. While we have verified the links, please be aware that privacy policies and terms and conditions may vary from those of the State of Connecticut's portal.
- Group tours available. Call 203-734-2513 to register.
- Donations are appreciated.
Osborne Homestead Museum Virtual Tour
Programs and Exhibits
Special programs and hands-on activities bring history to life for visitors of all ages.
Exhibits highlighting treasures and unique objects from the collections.
Lectures on local history, antiques, and gardens.
Historic hikes on the surrounding grounds.
Festive annual holiday museum tours.
Garden tours and more on Connecticut’s Historic Gardens’ Day held on the last Sunday in June.
- Compose an email to DEEP.Kellogg@ct.gov from the email address you wish to have added.
- Leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message type:
Subscribe DEEP_Kellogg YourFirstName YourLastName
(Substitute your first and last name here.)
- You will then receive an e-mail that you have successfully subscribed to the listserv.
Compose an e-mail to DEEP.Kellogg@ct.gov.
Leave the subject line blank and in the body of the message type:
Requests to unsubscribe must be sent from the same email account used when subscribing to the email list.
You will then receive an e-mail that you have successfully unsubscribed from the listserv.