Baldwin Bridge Boat Launch
The floating docks remain in year-round.
Site Sketch of the Baldwin Bridge Boat Launch
||Trailered & Car Top/Carry-In
||220 Ferry Road, Old Saybrook
||Rte. 9 south, take exit 2 and turn left. Take the first right onto Ferry Road. Rte. 2 north, take exit 1 and turn right onto Ferry Road. Launch located under the I-95 bridge on Ferry Road.
(A) A 25 MPH nighttime speed limit from 1/2 hour after sunset until 1/2 hour before sunrise on all days of the year.
(B) A 30 MPH limit from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset on Saturdays and Sundays from the Saturday preceding Memorial Day to the Sunday preceding Labor Day inclusive and on Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.
(C) A 45 MPH limit, from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset, Monday through Friday, inclusive, during all seasons, and on Saturdays and Sundays from the Saturday following Labor Day to the Friday preceding Memorial Day.
No person shall operate a motorboat in excess of Slow-No-Wake:
(A) From the Bulkeley Bridge in Hartford to Saybrook outer light in Old Saybrook; when passing marinas, yacht clubs, anchorages and docks, boat launches and congested areas.
(B) Within the following specific areas:
- The area between the Saybrook breakwaters bounded northerly by the Saybrook inner light and bounded southerly by the Saybrook outer light in Old Saybrook:
- The area bounded northerly by navigation aid Connecticut River light #15 and bounded southerly by the southern most point of Saybrook Point in Old Saybrook;
- The area bounded northerly by navigation aid Connecticut River RED NUN #20 and bounded southerly by the railroad bascule bridge in Old Saybrook;
- The area bounded northerly by a point 800 feet upstream from the East Haddam Bridge and bounded southerly by a point 1,500 feet downstream from the East Haddam Bridge;
- The area bounded northerly by a point five hundred feet downstream from the highway bridge in Middletown and bounded southerly by navigation aid Connecticut River light #87;
- The area bounded northerly by the navigation aid Connecticut River light #113 and bounded southerly by the water tower on property now or formerly known as the Connecticut Foundry in Rocky Hill.
||Floating & Fixed Wood (Year-round)
|Access Road Surface:
Fishing pier located on site.
Schedule of Marine Events and Fishing Tournaments (Note: tournaments are not open to the general public)
Select an image for larger view
Boat Launches in Connecticut
Content Last Updated on December 1, 2020.