The Connecticut Office of Tourism keeps close tabs on advertising and marketing results, employing several studies, indices and analytic reports to keep our efforts on track and on message.
The Connecticut Office of Tourism gathers research from primary and secondary sources to:
- Track how leisure travelers in greater metro New York, Boston, Providence, Philadelphia and Connecticut perceive Connecticut as a leisure travel destination.
- Track travel behavior and attitudes, travel party characteristics and travel expenditures of leisure visitors while they are in Connecticut.
- Track effectiveness of advertising awareness and resulting behavior including intent to travel and actual visitation.
- Track economic impact of tourism on Connecticut’s economy.
The following reports are available:
Tourism Marketing Review
- 2021-22 Winter "The State I'm In" Campaign Results
- 2021 Fall "Full Color Connecticut" Campaign Results
- 2021 Spring/Summer "Say Yes" Campaign Results
- 2021 Connecticut Summer at the Museum Promotion Results
- 2021 Spring/Summer Results (through July 25)
- 2021 Drinks on Us Campaign Results
- 2020 Fall Marketing Results
- 2020 Summer Marketing Results (COVID-19 Recovery)
- 2019 Summer Marketing Results
- 2018 Tourism Marketing Review
Tourism Insights Program
- February/March 2021 Report
- December 2020/January 2021 Report
- November/December 2020 Report
- October/November 2020 Report
- July-September 2020 Report
Tourism Marketing Overviews
- Fall 2021 Marketing Campaign Overview
- Spring/Summer 2021 Marketing Plan
- Winter 2020-2021 Marketing Plan
- 2020 Fall Tourism Marketing Campaign - October 2020
- 2020 Supporting Tourism During the Pandemic - May 2020
- 2020 Post-COVID Tourism Recovery Marketing Strategy - April 2020
Tourism Marketing Fact Sheet
Connecticut Tourism Business Partners Tourism Trackers
Periodic reports of key results of the state's Tourism Marketing Initiatives.
- April 2018 Tourism Tracker
- March 2017 Tourism Tracker
- April 2016 Tourism Tracker
- December 2015 Tourism Tracker
- April 2015 Tourism Tracker
View key metrics for CTvisit.com here.
Find research on Visitors to Connecticut here.
The Economic Impact of Travel in Connecticut 2015 (March 2017)
Comprehensive economic impact study of Connecticut's tourism industry including traveler spending, employment and taxes generated.
Funding Connecticut’s Tourism Promotion: A White Paper (May 2012)
This report evaluates the performance of numerous tourism campaigns to Connecticut’s budget situation.
For more information, contact Rob Damroth at (860) 500-2349 or Robert.Damroth@ct.gov.