Each year, the Connecticut Office of Tourism offers two college scholarship grants for Connecticut residents pursuing degrees in hospitality, travel or tourism at accredited colleges and universities. These grants are funded by the generous contributions of the Connecticut tourism industry and named for two respected tourism leaders:
- The Richard B. Combs Hospitality Scholarship Grant ($1,000)
- The Walter Schoenknecht Tourism & Travel Scholarship Grant ($1,000)
To be eligible to apply for these scholarships, a student must be:
- a resident of Connecticut;
- a senior at a Connecticut high school (public or private), a high school graduate who has not yet begun a college curriculum, or an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university or college;
- attending an accredited university or college on a full- or part-time basis (minimum six credit hours) and pursuing a tourism or hospitality degree program.
Grants are awarded on the basis of academic and personal achievement as well as a demonstrated interest in the hospitality or tourism industry.
How to Apply
Complete the application form and submit it by the due date.
Include the following with your application:
- two letters of recommendation (one academic and one personal);
- a transcript of the current academic record;
- personal Letter of Intent stating how this grant will help you achieve your academic goals;
- personal resume.
Send your completed application and all accompanying documents to the
Scholarship Grant Committee
Connecticut Office of Tourism
450 Columbus Blvd.,
Hartford, CT 06103
For additional information or questions, contact Rosemary Bove at (860) 500-2355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.