Mark your calendar for the 2023 Big E — Friday, September 15 – Sunday, October 1, 2023
The Big E is a 17 day-long “New England Fair”. It is the only fair in the nation where more than one state participates. On this educational thoroughfare, known as the Avenue of States, you’ll see impressive replicas of each New England state’s original statehouse sitting on land actually owned by each respective state. The Connecticut Building was modeled after the Old State House in Hartford.
The mission of The Connecticut Building is to create an environment that represents Connecticut’s diverse business sectors and Connecticut-Proud individuals to provide an enjoyable and educational experience for visitors.
The purpose of The Connecticut Building is to:
- create brand awareness by providing an enjoyable and educational experience for visitors
- highlight and promote Connecticut’s profile as a state to live, work and play
- offer an opportunity for one to immerse oneself in the sights, sounds and tastes of Connecticut
- promote Connecticut’s businesses and sole proprietors who make, manufacture, grow or create goods and products in the State of Connecticut
- focus attention on Connecticut’s heritage, pioneering spirit, and continuing innovation.
The Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) offers Connecticut businesses and nonprofit organizations the opportunity to exhibit at the Connecticut Building. There are three types of exhibition opportunities:
Full-Time Exhibitor (17 days)
Part-Time Exhibitor (3 or more consecutive days)
Connecticut Showcase Exhibitor (1-2 days). Click HERE for more information.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2023 Big E. Please check back in early 2024 for next year's application.
The cost for exhibition space is calculated by square footage. The 2023 price per square foot is $28. This cost includes electricity.
Please see section “Items at the Expense of Exhibitor”.
2023 Price Chart:
|10' x 20'||17||$5,600|
|10' x 15'||17
|10' x 10'
The cost for exhibition space for part-time exhibitors is calculated by taking the full-time rate divided by the number of days the space will be occupied. Example: If a party is interested in a 10'x10' space for seven (7) days, the cost would be $1,155. $2,800/17 days = $165 per day x 7 days = $1,155.