All businesses subject to the Phase 1 and Phase 2 reopening rules are required to self-certify prior to opening.
NOTE: If you already self-certified your business during Phase 1, your business will NOT need to certify again during Phase 2.
Visit here for a searchable list of businesses that have self-certified.
Phase 2 Reopen Rules by Sector (for June 17 opening)
- Amusement Parks (updated 7/23) english / espanol
- Hotels / Lodging (updated 7/23) english / espanol
- Restaurants (click here for rules)
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums (updated 7/23) english / espanol
- Indoor recreation (updated 7/29) english / espanol
- Libraries (updated 7/23) english / espanol
- Outdoor events (updated 7/23) english / espanol
- Indoor Events (updated 7/21) english
- Personal services (click here for rules)
- Sports and fitness facilities (e.g., gyms, fitness centers, pools, etc.) english / espanol
- Film, Television and Digital Media Production english / espanol
Social Clubs to follow all rules applicable to their operation (e.g. Restaurant, Pool).
Driving Schools to follow Office rules (see below). For on-road training, there can be two-people per car, both must wear masks, windows must be rolled down, and thorough cleanings are required between customers.
Short-term housing rentals are recommended to follow hotels/lodging rules above.
Rules for Gatherings and Venues
Effective July 24
- Fairs, festivals and carnivals - 25% of last year's attendance
Effective July 3rd
- Indoor private gatherings (e.g. weddings, office meetings) – 25 people
- Outdoor private gatherings (e.g. weddings, reunions, parties) – 100 people, one-time exception for graduations @ 150 people
- Outdoor organized gatherings open to the public (e.g. Fireworks, Concert in Municipal Park) – 15 feet of space blanket to blanket, cap of 500 people. Event organizer responsible for compliance with guidance.
- Outdoor Event Venues (e.g. Amphitheaters, Race Tracks) - 25% of Fire Capacity and distancing
Phase 1 Reopen Rules by Sector
Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No. 7PP repeals several previously enacted executive orders to allow for the safe reopening of certain sectors of the economy on May 20, including for the reopening of outdoor dining, offices, retail and malls, museums and zoos, university research and outdoor recreation businesses. The Department of Economic and Community Development shall issue a list of business types permitted to reopen, which may be amended from time to time and shall be incorporated in the Sector Rules.
General Business Rules
As of May 19, 2020, general business rules shall only apply to University Research and Outdoor Recreation activities (defined below).
- General Business Rules (Espanol - reglas generales para las empresas)
- University Research
- Outdoor Recreation activities are defined as the following:
- Equestrian (subject to Dept. of Agriculture guidance)
- Mountain Biking
- Head, Party, and Tour Boats (50% capacity or one passenger/family per six feet of rail space)
- Charter Fishing (50% capacity or one passenger/family per six feet of rail space)
- Sport Fishing (50% capacity or one passenger/family per six feet of rail space)
- Go Kart Race Tracks
- Rock Climbing Walls
- Driving Ranges
- Group Training (up to 100 people), outdoors maintain 6 feet
- Race Tracks
- Campgrounds - follow all rules applicable to their operation (e.g. Retail, Pool)
- Outdoor Shooting Range
- Kayaking, Sailing, Canoeing and Stand-up Paddleboarding
- Dirt Biking
- Mini Golf
- Batting Cages
- Rope Courses
- Volleyball (2 vs. 2 only)
Downloadable Guidelines by Sector
Downloadable Guidelines by Sector (Espanol)
- Peluquerías y Barberías
- Tiendas Retail y Centros Comerciales