If you represent a non-U.S. company looking to establish or expand your North American operations, we invite you to consider Connecticut. The epicenter of the U.S. Northeast, Connecticut can offer you an ideal location — within two hours of Boston of New York and within 800 kilometers of one-third of the entire U.S. economy! Here, you’ll also be able to draw from one of the nation’s most highly educated, highly productive workforces. Connecticut’s government and business leaders are eager to work collaboratively with you to identify the resources and support you need to grow your business here in our state.
- Within 800 kms (500 miles) of Connecticut, you’ll find 30% of America’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and jobs. Source: U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis 2017; CERC calculations
- If Connecticut were a country, it would be the second most productive in the world, ahead of the U.S. as a whole. Source: U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, 2017
- More than 730 global companies have subsidiaries in Connecticut. Source: OFII, 2018
- Connecticut ranks among the top five states for quality of life in the U.S., yet housing prices are substantially lower than neighboring Boston or New York. Source: Forbes
We’ve highlighted a few types of support that may be particularly helpful for foreign businesses moving to or expanding in Connecticut. But please explore the rest of our site to learn more about the array of tax incentives, funding opportunities and technical resources we offer for all types of businesses.
- Economic and Manufacturing Assistance Act (MAA). For companies with well-strategized projects that have strong economic development potential, DECD’s traditional loan program offers low-interest loans with flexible rates and terms for companies across a broad range of industries. These support packages are tailored for each eligible company.
- Connecticut Innovations. CI is the state’s venture capital investment arm. It should beone of the first stops for any entrepreneur — as it offers financing and strategic support to early-stage, high-tech start-ups in Connecticut and to promising startups that are willing to move here.
- Small Business Express. Connecticut’s Small Business Express Program (EXP) provides loans and grants to Connecticut’s small businesses to spur job creation and growth.
- Bioscience Innovation Fund. This fund provides focused financial assistance to bioscience startups, early-stage businesses, nonprofits, and accredited colleges and universities.
- VentureClash. VentureClash is Connecticut’s $5 million global venture challenge focused on attracting international companies to Connecticut — particularly early-state digital health and financial services technology (fintech) companies. Learn more about what types of companies it supports here.
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center. Part of the state’s one-stop Concierge Service, CERC will partner with a variety of organizations to customize a package of support to fit your specific needs — coordinating everything from business registration and licensing to financial and technical assistance.
- MetroHartford Alliance. This regional economic and business development organization offers a full concierge service to help global businesses test their market potential and evaluate locations throughout the state’s Capitol region.
- Site Locator. Through this one site, you can search for available properties all across the state that may be ideal for your relocation or expansion.
For information, contact Laura Jaworski at +1 860 500 2368 or via email email@example.com.