The Connecticut Culture Gallery at Bradley International Airport is an exhibit space managed by the Department of Economic and Community Development’s Office of the Arts in partnership with Bradley International Airport. Four exhibit cases are located at the second-floor entrances to Terminal A across from the American, United, and US Airways ticket counters. The cases offer rotating exhibits that provide visitors with a view of Connecticut’s cultural richness and the creative talents of its residents.
Current & Final Exhibit
Cultural Coalition presents the exhibit Deconstructing Stigma
Through March 2023
Interested in Exhibiting in the Culture Gallery?
Please Note: The Connecticut Culture Gallery will be closing March 30, 2023, and no new exhibits are being scheduled.
- Connecticut organizations working within the areas of art, film, historic preservation, and/or tourism
- Organizations outside of Connecticut
Interested organizations must email a letter of intent, including preferred dates for the exhibit and five images showing the items to be displayed. Exhibits may be installed in 1-4 display cases, and generally remain on display for six months (a minimum of three months is required). Email all proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) will review proposals as they are submitted and will make selections based on quality, appropriateness of exhibit timing, and display case availability. All exhibits must be approved by COA and Bradley International Airport. It is COA’s goal to provide a diverse range of works to be displayed throughout the year.
While developing an exhibit, please keep the audience in mind. The display should appeal to a variety of airport visitors, including families and business travelers. Viewers will typically have a short time for looking at the exhibit, and many may not be museum or gallery visitors. Creating a display with visual impact is key, and thoughtful labeling with a strong educational emphasis is encouraged. The exhibiting organization is responsible for installation and de-installation, as well as providing all exhibit props, pedestals, easels, etc.
Display Case Specifications:
- Exhibits are visible from the front and back
- Each of the 4 cases is 56” high x 56” deep x 14-1/2' wide
- Access is through sliding glass doors in the back of each case (52” high x 25-1/2” wide)
- Each case has interior track lighting across the top with halogen spotlights, at least one electrical outlet, and a floor lined with dark gray industrial carpet
- To view the layout and measurements of the display cases, click here.
- The cases are locked and their location assures around-the-clock security.
Exhibiting Organization’s Responsibilities:
- Obtain appropriate permissions to exhibit the items to be displayed.
- Install and remove the exhibition according to Bradley International Airport’s requirements. The exhibiting organization MUST make an appointment with the airport at least 7 days in advance to access the display cases (available Monday-Friday between 7:00 am and 3:00 pm).
- Provide all exhibit props, pedestals, easels, etc.
- Insure the contents of the exhibition.
- Repair any damage to the display cases incurred by the exhibition.
- Provide the Connecticut Office of the Arts with at least 60 days notice of any adjustments to the scheduled exhibition dates or removal of any exhibition items in advance of the scheduled end date.