A peer panel will review eligible applicants based on the following criteria:
- Musicianship in singing and songwriting (15 points)
- Likelihood of Connecticut song to promote cultural literacy.
- Body of the musician's work: substantial songwriting, performance, and recording experience (including original work).
- Experience with diverse audiences (educational, community, etc.)
- Alignment with COA's READI Framework (5 points)
- Commitment and availability to serve as an ambassador of music and song and to promote cultural literacy among Connecticut citizens (5 points)
- Goals for accomplishments as troubadour relevant to the honorary position (5 points)
COA and Panel Reviewers reserve the right to request further information from applicants and/or review publicly accessible information, articles, etc. about the applicant as a way to conduct a thorough and thoughtful panel review process.