Timeline & Requirements
We are not accepting nominations or applications at this time. The content below is for informational purposes only.
Timeline for the 2022 selection process. All dates are subject to change.
||March 22, 2022
||on or before 11:59pm, April 5, 2022
|Notification / Announcement
|State Poet Laureate Term
||July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2025
- Foster public appreciation of and participation in poetry and literary arts activities.
- Present at lease three (3) public events each year as requested by COA such as award ceremonies and events conducted by COA.
- The State Poet Laureate may engage in project activities supported by COA that provide greater poetry experiences throughout Connecticut.
- The State Poet Laureate will serve a three (3) year term from July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2025.
- The State Poet Laureate will receive an annual stipend of $2,500 for a total of $7,500 for the three years.
- The State Poet Laureate must maintain Connecticut residency during the full three year term.
- COA reserves the right to revoke the tenure of the State Poet Laureate if the Poet Laureate fails to fulfill duties or moves out of state during the service period.
- The State Poet Laureate will enter into an agreement with the State of Connecticut for each year of the 3-year term and will be required to:
- supply proof of current Connecticut residency status
- submit a W9 and state vendor form
- sign a contract confirming compliance with program eligibility
- Tax Liability - awards are taxable. If concerned about tax liability please consult with an accountant. COA does not provide tax assistance.
- Where appropriate, credit COA/DECD in all print, audio, video, and publicity materials (press releases, brochures,. advertisements, etc.)
- The State Poet Laureate must comply with the Connecticut Office of the Arts Overview Guidelines
- The State Poet Laureate will be required to submit a final report at the end of the three-year term (annual reports my also be required).