Timeline & Requirements
The current schedule is outlined below. All dates are subject to change.
||March 22, 2022
||on or before 11:59pm, April 5, 2022
|Notification / Announcement
|State Poet Laureate Term
||July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2025
- Foster public appreciation of and participation in poetry and literary arts activities.
- Present at lease three (3) public events each year as requested by COA such as award ceremonies and events conducted by COA.
- The State Poet Laureate may engage in project activities supported by COA that provide greater poetry experiences throughout Connecticut.
- The State Poet Laureate will serve a three (3) year term from July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2025.
- The State Poet Laureate will receive an annual stipend of $2,500 for a total of $7,500 for the three years.
- The State Poet Laureate must maintain Connecticut residency during the full three year term.
- COA reserves the right to revoke the tenure of the State Poet Laureate if the Poet Laureate fails to fulfill duties or moves out of state during the service period.
- The State Poet Laureate will enter into an agreement with the State of Connecticut for each year of the 3-year term and will be required to:
- supply proof of current Connecticut residency status
- submit a W9 and state vendor form
- sign a contract confirming compliance with program eligibility
- Tax Liability - awards are taxable. If concerned about tax liability please consult with an accountant. COA does not provide tax assistance.
- Where appropriate, credit COA/DECD in all print, audio, video, and publicity materials (press releases, brochures,. advertisements, etc.)
- The State Poet Laureate must comply with the Connecticut Office of the Arts Overview Guidelines
- The State Poet Laureate will be required to submit a final report at the end of the three-year term (annual reports my also be required).