We are not accepting nominations at this time. The content below is for informational purposes only.
Any Connecticut citizen may nominate one (1) poet for the State Poet Laureate position. A self-nomination will not be accepted and no award will be given posthumously. A nominee may receive multiple nominators.
Nominators submit the requested information listed below electronically.
Please note, when completing your electronic nomination you will not be able to save and return later. You must be prepared to complete your nomination in its entirety once you begin.
Nominator must provide the following:
- Nominator's name and contact information (street address, municipality, state, zip, and email).
- Nominee's name and contact information (municipality, state and email)
- Please describe your relationship to this nominee (relative, fan, professional, etc.)
- Why is this individual uniquely qualified to serve Connecticut in this capacity?
- Briefly share how and why this poet has inspired you.