The Office of the Arts’ Directory of Teaching Artists is a reliable resource of high-quality Connecticut teaching artists who have been juried for their excellence in their art forms as well as their readiness, capacity and desire to work in schools and in community settings.
You can find teachers in this directory by searching the disciplines listed below:
- literary arts (including literature, writing and poetry)
- theatre (including storytelling, puppetry and circuit arts)
- visual arts
Teaching artists who meet the following eligibility criteria may apply to be included in COA’s Directory of Teaching Artists. Artists must be:
- 18 years or older and a resident of Connecticut;
- professionally active in their arts discipline;
- available for teaching engagements in a variety of educational and community settings in Connecticut throughout the year;
- willing to participate in professional development as outlined.
How to Apply
The Teaching Artist application is under revision. The application process will re-open July 1, 2020 with applications accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information, contact Bonnie Koba at email@example.com.