The ARTE-accesible (Ar.Teh-Ock.Seh.See.Bleh) grant program supports activities that enhance program offerings and provide greater participation and understanding in the arts by all persons with or without disabilities and to all individuals regardless of language. Grant requests, which may range from $500 to $3,000, can be used to support:
- Program and service offerings to improve the experience for audiences of all abilities
- Staff training and internal resource support to carry out accessible programs and services
- Support employment of Connecticut artists who identify as an individual with a disability
This program is open to a wide array of applicants listed below.
- Arts organizations with 501(c)(3) status
- Municipal arts departments
- College/University (affiliated arts venue)
The FY20 ARTE-accessible grant program is closed. The deadline to apply was September 18, 2019.
January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020
Applicants must also review COA's Grant Overview Guidelines.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted on-line at https://coa.fluidreview.com.
Instructions on how to apply can be found on Page 4 of the guidelines.
DUNS Number Requirement
All applicants, except individuals, must have a DUNS number when applying for a grant from the Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA). COA began requiring a DUNS number on all grant applications in 2017 (FY18). It is required on applications for any grant administered by COA that includes National Endowment for the Arts funding. Obtaining a DUNS number is a free, straightforward process. For more information, click here.
For information or if you have questions, contact Tamara Dimitri via email at email@example.com.