The Office of the Arts is the state agency charged with fostering the health of Connecticut's creative economy. Part of the state's Department of Economic and Community Development, the Office of the Arts is funded by the State of Connecticut as well as the National Endowment for the Arts.
Our goal is to inspire, empower, educate and transform. We believe the arts are a human right, and we envision a world where the arts, in all forms, are embedded in everyday life.
We strive to animate a culture of creativity across Connecticut by supporting arts making and arts participation for all people.
- Grant programs that invest in Connecticut artists and arts organizations and encourage the public's participation as creators, learners, supporters and audience members
- Programs and services that connect people to the arts and help build vital communities across the state
- Training and professional development opportunities that support the ongoing development of our artists and art educators
- Resources that collect and disseminate state, regional and national arts information resources via communications, directories, publications, data-sharing, one-on-one consultations and referrals
- National Endowment for the Arts
- New England Foundation for the Arts
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- Americans for the Arts