The Regional Initiative (REGI) grant program encourages and supports small arts projects that are relevant to a community’s current society, culture and trends. REGI is a good fit for applicants that have a small arts-based project that targets a specific community matter, reflects on personal experience(s), and/or brings neighborhoods together. REGI grants must be aligned with the Connecticut Office of the Arts' READI framework.
REGI grant requests must range between $1,000 to $4,000. Eligible applications go through a panel review process and decisions are based on available funding.
This program is open to a wide array of applicants as highlighted below.
- Connecticut artist (may apply independently or with a fiscal sponsor)
- Creative Entrepreneurs (may apply independently or with a fiscal sponsor)
- Curators/Event Planners (may apply independently or with a fiscal sponsor)
- Arts organization with 501(c)(3) status or with a fiscal sponsor
- 501(c)(3) non-arts organization with a history of offering publicly accessible arts-based program(s) or project(s)
- School districts or individual Pre-K through Grade 12 schools
- Colleges and universities and departments of a college or university
Note: Individuals applying as an Artist, Creative Entrepreneur and Event Planner/Curator must be a Connecticut resident.
Applications must be received on or before 11:59 pm, Saturday, June 1, 2019
October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020
Required Budget Form
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted on-line at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FY20REGI
Instructions on how to apply can be found on Page 5 of the guidelines.
DUNS Number Requirement
All applicants, except individuals, must have a DUNS number when applying for a grant from the Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA). COA began requiring a DUNS number on all grant applications in 2017 (FY18). It is required on applications for any grant administered by COA that includes National Endowment for the Arts funding. Obtaining a DUNS number is a free, straightforward process. For more information, click here.
For more information or if you have questions, please contact Adriane Jefferson via email at email@example.com
Applicants may also consult with COA's Designated Regional Service Organizations for assistance